Router does not reconnect to internet after modem desyncs and then connects back to the internet.

Router does not reconnect to internet after modem desyncs and then connects back to the internet.

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.6

Modem desync's around 10am and sometimes 8-9pm at night after that, my router Deco x50, turns red, and after my modem comes back online after a few seconds, my router is stuck in an offline state even if the modem comes back online.

I discovered that unplugging and replugging the Ethernet cable into the second port of my modem fixes the issue immediately.

i want to not have to do this and have the router go online when the modem goes back online automatically.

I have done power cycles

reseting the router

i have  replaced my modem and router three times.

please help, thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router does not reconnect to internet after modem desyncs and then connects back to the internet.
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Angie64 

Hi,

If the front modem goes offline, it is normal for the back-end Deco also to go offline.

If you don't want to manually unplug an then plug back the Ethernet cable, you can test if reboot the Deco can help get it back online.

If it works, you can set up a reboot schedule for Deco as a workaround.

How to configure the Reboot Schedule feature on the Deco

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Router does not reconnect to internet after modem desyncs and then connects back to the internet.
3 weeks ago

@Angie64 

this is caused by a"feature" , auto sense wan. 
for more information on the problem see the topic about how this problem happen and many users express that this behavior is not acceptable

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/273992

this problem is known by tp-link since 2021 and up to this day this is not solved. 

Options
3 weeks ago
I would try that, but i don't have the option on my app to schedule a reboot.
Options
3 weeks ago

@ilpalazzo 

Thanks, I'm going to check with my isp and see if i can buy a router instead of the one i currently have.

I've been having issues with two tp-link products. the first was the wifi extender and now its this router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 105

Replies: 4

Related Articles