Negotiation speed issue for Archer VX1800v
3 weeks ago
Tags: #ethernet
Model: Archer VX1800v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Windows 11

Ethernet card: Killer E3100X 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

TP_Link Archer VX1800v (with latest firmware)

https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/archer-vx1800v/#specifications

I bought Archer VX1800v but Ethernet connection of Windows 11 disables itself sporadically when Speed & Duplex property of ethernet card is set to be Automatic (which is even the default value) in Windows settings. Now and then Ethernet card disables itself and in the network page of Control Panel of Windows 11, the ethernet card says "Ethernet cable is not plugged". The moment I set Speed & Duplex to 100 Mbps Full Duplex ethernet card enables itself back and I can connect to internet over ethernet cable. But of course with 100Mbps I lose speed so I wonder why Automatic value for Speed & Duplex works sometimes but then it causes the ethernet card to deactivate itself. With 100 Mbps Full Duplex ethernet card never disables itself.

I am not sure which one is causing the issue here about this Negotiation speed rate. Windows 11 or Archer VX1800v?

I have an old Airties modem router and I have not encountered this kind of issue with ethernet connection for years in this Windows 11 laptop with Speed & Duplex is Automatic.

There is no setting in Archer VX1800v to set Negotiation speed.

Wifi is OK during this ethernet issue occurs.

There is no issue on Macbook Air with Ethernet connection with Archer VX1800v. It only happens with this Windows 11 laptop.

How can I fix this issue?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Negotiation speed issue for Archer VX1800v
3 weeks ago

@Smeaol 

Have you tried to use a different ethernet cable - for example the one within the VX1800v kit and check if there's a difference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski yes same issue with different cable. As I said it is a negotiation speed issue but not sure Windows 11 or Archer is problematic here?

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Smeaol 

You mentioned that you have an old Airties modem with which this Windows 11 laptop works properly, correct ?

On the other hand with Macbook Air there's no issue at all, correct ?

Try to set Speed & Duplex to 1000 mbps Full Duplex on the laptop and test again.

If the issue persists contact your local support for further assistance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski Thanks. Old modem works with Speed & Duplex - Automatic with this Windows 11 fine.

Macbook Air works with Archer with 1000mbps negotiation speed without  any problems.

Only setting manually 100 Mbps Full/Half works with Archer and Windows 11. All other settings break the ethernet connection after a while.

I have seen some reports about my Ethernet card causing this kind of issues on internet but because an old ancient Airties modem works with my laptop without any issues, it wonders me which one is faulty here, Archer or Windows?

NGL, I called local support and they promised to return back but never did. This seems a firmware engineering level support problem, I am sure local support would not do any good. Is there a way to escalate this to the developer team of Archer?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 4

Tags

ethernet
Related Articles