WIFI Router has internet connection but says no internet

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 55602(5553)

My router has been experiencing issues on getting internet connectivity to its own.

My router can't get internet for updating the firmware nor it can't get NTP. It won't even be accessed remotely via TP Link app.
But all devices that are connected to it seems to be fine with no issues whatsoever, all of them has internet access and can browse and play videos without any problems.

The router configuration is in access point mode with LAN 1 port connected to the main router.

The LAN configuration is set to static with its DNS set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

The DHCP Server configuration is set to on with no lease time to 120 minutes and DNS field set to blank (they were optional fields)

Other configuration are on default.

Options
5 Reply
Re:WIFI Router has internet connection but says no internet

@Matt_V 

Remove the ethernet cable from AX23 LAN1 port and plug it into the WAN port (blue port). Then everything should be fine.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago
It didn't work I even tried to restart the router, change ethernet cable and tried different ports
Options

@Matt_V 

When the AX23 is configured in AP mode its DHCP server should be disabled (turned off).

In this scenario your main router should be the DHCP server - Here's a guide on how to configure AX23 in AP mode (Case 1).

LAN IP address of AX23 should be in the same subnet as your main router LAN IP address, preferably outside its DHCP pool.

The connection between your main router and AX23 should be: Main router LAN port <=> AX23 WAN port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago
I turned off DHCP server on AX1800, but the problem is still there. My main router is a Mikrotik router, other access points don't seem to have an issue with it when they're directly connected.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Matt_V 

If you set in AX23 LAN DNS field only the LAN IP address of your Microtic router is there any change ?

Can you provide a screenshot of your LAN configuration (for example):

And ethernet port status as well:

Options