Super slow connection after firmware update - Deco X20

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Last night i checked the Deco app and saw that there is a firmware update availalble for my Decos, after succesfully installing the udpate, connection to the internet was extremly slow to the point of disconnecting. 

Had to remove my network, factory reset all my Decos and reinstall/reconfigure them again from scrath. So thanks for that! No more firmware updates for me!

Please check and test your updates before pushing them to users, don't be like Crowdstrike 🤦‍♂️!

Options
10 Reply
Re:Super slow connection after firmware update - Deco X20
2 weeks ago

@IlleAndrei 

exact same issue here. 
decoX50

please investigate and apply a corrective patch quickly!

Options
2 weeks ago

@Popinouni 

Similar issue here .

X60 , X20 , P9 and M4 

It doesn't even seem possible to change my main unit so I'm going to have to go set up each one from scratch. 
Wife and kids are asking 'why do we need all this fancy kit when other people's stuff 'just works' '

Options
a week ago
Same page. Connection is running laggy
Options
a week ago

@IlleAndrei same here, spent half my holiday trying to fix it. Thanks for nothing TP-Link!

Options
a week ago

@tdover46 you have to reset your deco and it works

no thank you TP link for this waste of Time. 

i opened a ticket and told all of this to a technician but they seem not to read community forum to help people...

Options
a week ago

Hi  @IlleAndrei , could you please help provide more information about the issue with your Deco X20 after you upgrade the firmware?

What are the hardware version and the firmware versions before and after the upgrade?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago

@tdover46   @Nicosilva86 

Although you reported similar issues, the inconsistency in your Deco models makes it difficult for us to quickly understand and follow up on the problem.

We suggest that you create a new post yourself, providing a more detailed description of the issue, including the product model, hardware version, and the firmware versions before and after the upgrade.

Thanks for your understanding and best regrads!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago

@Sunshine I have the exact same model as the original poster and updated to firmware 1.5.5. 

Options
a week ago
I tried everything imaginable. Reboot, reset. Even completely re-set up my entire WiFi network and nothing has changed.
Options
a week ago

@tdover46 

Hi,

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, to better follow up and look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240908431, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received.

Thanks!

Options