Want to use Omada ER605 in front of C80. But want to use C80 in default router mode for EasyMesh

Want to use Omada ER605 in front of C80. But want to use C80 in default router mode for EasyMesh

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

My current setup involves a C80 as my main router with EasyMesh enabled and using C6 as a wired satellite for Ethernet backhaul.

Now I want to have a failover system for 100% uptime and so was planning on getting a Omada ER605 to use in front of the C80 with 2 ISPs.

Is it possible to do this?

As far as I could check, if ER605 is my main router and I set C80 as just an access point then I would not be able to use the EasyMesh feature to connect my C6.

Is there any way I can use the ER605 for Dual WAN along with C80 behind it as my main router and then C6 as EasyMesh satellite. What mode can be used to achieve this if possible?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Want to use Omada ER605 in front of C80. But want to use C80 in default router mode for EasyMesh-Solution

@ET13 

You don't have to disable DHCP server on any of the routers - this should work out of the box.

Cable connection between routers should be ER605 LAN port <=> C80 WAN port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Want to use Omada ER605 in front of C80. But want to use C80 in default router mode for EasyMesh
2 weeks ago

@ET13 

Of course you can use ER650 as your main router and C80 in router mode in Easymesh,

The thing is that in this scenario you'll create a double NAT in your local network.

If that's not an issue for you then you should be fine.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Want to use Omada ER605 in front of C80. But want to use C80 in default router mode for EasyMesh
2 weeks ago

@terziyski What if I use ER605 only to handle the multiWAN failover thing and still continue to use C80 as my main router to which all my devices get connected to (both wired and wireless) ?

What device would handle DHCP then? ER605 or C80?

Would I need to disable DHCP on any one? (If that's even possible in router mode)

Options
Re:Want to use Omada ER605 in front of C80. But want to use C80 in default router mode for EasyMesh-Solution

@ET13 

You don't have to disable DHCP server on any of the routers - this should work out of the box.

Cable connection between routers should be ER605 LAN port <=> C80 WAN port.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 weeks ago

@ET13 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

May I confirm the hardware version of your Archer C80 and its country version(US, EU...)?

Then we will check whether it can support Easymesh under AP mode for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 4

Related Articles