NAT unavailable, Xbox

NAT unavailable, Xbox
NAT unavailable, Xbox
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer C88  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello people!

I am currently struggling with finding a NAT-Type on my Xbox. I'm a 21 year old student with zero idea on how to work the router or open up ports whatsoever. The only thing I do know is that I need my Xbox NAT type to be open. I own the Archer C88 model and have that connected to my Xbox via a Cat6 cable i think?😂 I had read something about UPnP and DMZ and manually port forwarding in these threads though I'm not sure I did it right considering nothing changed. Now I'm back to having UPnP enabled and DMZ disabled. I tried the port thing but quickly gave up. Is there anything else I'm missing? My Xbox keeps saying it cant get a Teredo IP address and needs me to disable the UDP 3544 filter. 

I'm in desperate need of help. Also what is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6? Im currently connected using IPv4 I think- would that make any difference? 

Id be forever grateful for any type of advice💞

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:NAT unavailable, Xbox-Solution

@Veuxly 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community~

You may follow Case 2 in the guide to set up port forwarding.

As for IPv4 and IPv6, you may refer to this article.

Recommended Solution
Options

@Veuxly 

You should do a configuration similar to this one to open ports on your router so the Xbox is working properly.

A quicker way to do this is to configure a DMZ for the Xbox IP address - details.

Keep in mind that for all this to work, you have to get your public IP address on the C88 Internet port:

To find your public IP address browse the https://ping.eu website.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply

@Veuxly 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community~

You may follow Case 2 in the guide to set up port forwarding.

As for IPv4 and IPv6, you may refer to this article.

Recommended Solution
Options

@Veuxly 

You should do a configuration similar to this one to open ports on your router so the Xbox is working properly.

A quicker way to do this is to configure a DMZ for the Xbox IP address - details.

Keep in mind that for all this to work, you have to get your public IP address on the C88 Internet port:

To find your public IP address browse the https://ping.eu website.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 139

Replies: 2

Related Articles