MR600 double nat xbox live

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-25 11:02:57
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I hope someone can help.

I have Archer MR600 (eu) Ver 1.0 which has O2 sim card, as I live Scotland in a place that fibre is not available, maximum speeds of 1mbs down, 0.5 mbs up. Have to use RE650 wifi extender which connects wireless to the MR600 but is connected to xbox series x via ethernet cable.

The issue I have is, I can get connected to xbox live and have an open nat. But this will change to either moderate or strict randomly, which disconnects me from the game. Destiny 2 and Asserro Corsa Competizione being just two examples.

I have searched and searched and have yet to find a fix.

I have tried setting a static ip address, tried upnp enabled and disabled, DMZ on and off, tried them together and separate, forwarded all the ports as listed on xbox.com. Updated the firmware on MR600. Also tried switching on the ipv6 tunnelling, hard reset of the MR600 and Xbox Series X.

I have read that O2, Vodafone use CGNAT which shares ip addresses between users, due to the shortage of ipv4 addresses. I asked my ISP for a public ip address, but this was not an option.

I dont really understand networking, but willing to give things a try.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jamie

Options
4 Reply
Re:MR600 double nat xbox live
2021-03-26 09:38:02

@Enzo1968 

Hi, have you already tried to enable the UPNP or DMZ for the Xbox/Play station;

After that, if the issue still here and there is also a private IP address on the Archer MR600, you might still need to require a public IP address or ask ISP to enable the related ports for the sim card;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-26 11:52:51

@TP-Link my ISP told me that a public ip address was not available.

I did enable upnp and also dmz, both never made any difference.

I will see if I can get them to open ports at there end

Options
2021-03-27 05:20:20
Well i contacted my ISP they said opening the ports is not something they do. Which isnt very helpful, as from looking online this is a big issue, affecting lots of people.
Options
2021-03-30 11:10:00

@Enzo1968 

In this way, could you please help me run a test:

1. put the sim card into the smartphone directly and enable the mobile hotspot;

2. connect the PS4/Xbox to the mobile hotspot;

If the same issue still existed, it is more related to the SIM card, not the modem anymore;

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 994

Replies: 4