Satellite Deco Units Work Well but Display Offline on the Deco APP

2 weeks ago - last edited Yesterday
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This Article Applied to:

Deco M4/M5/M9 Plus, Deco X50/Deco X50-Outdoor etc.

Phenomenon Description:

The satellite Decos are solid green(or white) and work well but they are displayed "Offline" on the Deco APP.

Available Solutions:

• The official firmware will be released later to optimize this issue.

• Based on the feedback we've received, the majority of issues are related to the abundance of smart home devices, particularly Tapo smart devices. To address this, we recommend installing the following beta firmware as a temporary solution:

Deco P9_V2 1.2.1_build_20240904_Beta
Deco S4_V2 1.6.2_build_20240828_Beta
Deco M4_V2 1.6.2_build_20240828_Beta
Deco M4_V3 1.6.1_build_20240904_Beta
Deco S4/M4_V4 1.1.2_build_20240828_Beta
Deco M5_V1/V2/V3 1.7.8_build_20240826_Beta
Deco M9 Plus V1 1.6.3_build_20240715_Beta
Deco M9 Plus V2 1.6.3_build_20240715_Beta
Deco X10/X15/X1500/W4500_V1 1.1.5_build_20240910_Beta
Deco X20_V2 1.2.5_build_20240724_Beta
Deco X20_V3 1.2.1_build_20240827_Beta
Deco X20_V4 1.5.5_build_20240816_Beta
Deco X50/Deco X55_V1 1.5.5_build_20240816_Beta
Deco X50/Deco X55_V1.2 1.2.0_build_20240903_Beta
Deco X50-Outdoor_V1 1.2.5_build_20240725_Beta
Deco X50-POE_V2 1.0.6_build_20240822_Beta
Deco XE75 V2/XE5300 V2 1.2.8_build_20240730_Beta
Deco XE75 Pro V2/XE75 Pro V3 1.2.12_build_20240821_Beta
Deco BE63/BE65_V2 1.0.8_build_20240814_Beta

Note:

1. It is recommended that all Decos in the network be upgraded to beta firmware.
2. Please also check whether there is a firmware update for the Tapo device in the Tapo APP. If so, please update the Tapo device to the latest firmware.
3. How to update the satellite Deco units:

When the satellite Decos are offline, they may not be successfully upgraded through the Web UI. In this case, it is recommended to upgrade according to the following steps:

• Please temporarily power off most of the smart home devices and wait for the satellite Deco come back online.
  •  Once all the satellite Deco units are confirmed online, try upgrading to the beta firmware again through the Web UI.

-If the main Deco and satellite Deco units are on different models, you could also update the satellite units individually through its IP address.

• After ensuring that all Deco units have been successfully upgraded, power on the Tapo devices again and observe if the issue is resolved.
Options
25 Reply
Re:Satellite Deco Units Work Well but Display Offline on the Deco APP
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@David-TP Will this beta work for x50 with v1.30 hardware, or is there a separate beta? I am also having this issue

Options
2 weeks ago

@bahoogas 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

The beta firmware here is for Deco X50 V1 and V1.2. There hasn't been a beta version for V1.3 yet.

When I checked your TP-Link ID, there is only Deco X20-V2 under the email ID. Do you also Deco X50-V1.3?

Could you please also refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi David,

Yes I have a setup with x50-v1.3 (x3), and x20-v3 (x1) which is having the issues above. I have lots of Tapo IoT devices.

The x20-v2 are at a separate house and not having issues.

How do I add the other units to my ID?

I will submit the logs.

James

Options
2 weeks ago

@bahoogas 

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have updated the beta firmware for Deco X20_V3 and you could update this model to see whether it made any difference.

You might set the Deco units under different email ID and if you want them under the same ID, please refer to:

How to Create a New Network in the Deco App

Best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Thank you. I will give that a try.

Is it possible to make a version for the x50-v1.30 as well, as they are my main units?

I have two different networks under the same ID and can switch between them in the app, so I'm not sure why the other units aren't linked with my ID.

James 

Options
2 weeks ago

@bahoogas 

Hi, could you please leave me a message with the MAC address of Deco X50_V1.3?

(PS: if you also submitted the APP logs, please also update the message with the Support Ticket ID)

The engineer could also help us request a similar beta firmware for Deco X50_V1.3 but we might need to wait for the confirmation of the APP logs first in case the reported issue was caused by something else.

Best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP 

Does this solve the other issue where the app shows the majority of devices in the "Offline Clients" list?

It seems to affect non TP-Link devices.

Edit: My X50-Outdoor upgraded via the IP address fine, but my three X55 V1 would not update via either method citing Update Failed.

Options
a week ago

I have a lot of tapo devices and have been having trouble with the deco app for a long time.

I've now used this update on my network consisting of 2 off x50 (1.2) and 4 off x20 (2.0), and can report all working perfectly so far.   The app shows all decos online along with the connected devices.  The web interface also shows the deco correctly.  

It has only been a few hours but I've not had the app work correctly in a long while.

I note the spash screen in the web interface shows for testing only, but seems stable. I look forward to the official update.

Thanks for this fix !

Options
a week ago
The usual deafening silence.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP I have downgraded my M9 V1 Satellites and M9 V2 Main Deco to the suggested beta versions and the three satellites are now showing in the APP as connected and working perfectly. I had not managed to see this for a long time unless y disconnect most of my Tapo devices (only found out about root cause after reading this post), not many, 2 light bulbs, 5 smart plugs, 6 Cameras and 1 hub (and its dependent equipment). Everything seems to be working fine and connection between Decos is strong and looking good in the app. Was the fix just "cosmetic" for app display or does it improve connectivity too?

I do get however a message in the app now about "firmware upgrade available"

I was previously running 

M9Plus_en_1.6.4 Build 20240718 Rel. 76925_US_JP_EU_TW_CA_up.bin

and

M9Plus_1.0_en_1.6.4 Build 20240719 Rel. 40538_US_JP_EU_AU_up.bin

When will the fix in the beta versions I installed today be included in the latest versions so we can upgrade without loosing visibility of connectivity between decos?

Thanks

Guillermo A

Options