Getting Archer AX53 connected to Easymesh Controller running MAP version R3

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20240123 rel.24345(5553)

I have a MT7981 based router which is running easymesh controller on it. I want to connect AX53 as a satellite node to this controller. If I connect ethernet cable from AX53 to MT7981 based board, the Agent onboarding of the AX53 happens and works seamlessly. Even client can get connected to the WIFi and works nicely. 

But when I remove the ethernet connection between AX53 and MT7981 based board, I cant see the agent on the controller webpage. But there is disconnection happening very often. So when the backhaul is WiFi , the agent gets disconnected. 

The MAP version of MT7981 board is R3

The MAP version of AX53 board is R2.

Is this the reason why there is disconnection? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Getting Archer AX53 connected to Easymesh Controller running MAP version R3 -Solution

@router_aspirant 

Hi, thanks for your understanding and cooperation. It is a pity that our Easymesh are all R2 standard.

As I know, R3 should be downward compatible with R2. Although we follow the relevant protocols to design, there is no guarantee of 100% compatibility as there are significant differences between manufacturers.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Getting Archer AX53 connected to Easymesh Controller running MAP version R3
3 weeks ago

@router_aspirant 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

As Q4 in the guide says, EasyMesh is a standardized protocol cross-compatibility between manufacturers is available.
Note:  For the best experience, we recommend keeping your devices within a single manufacturer.

If R2 and R3 are not compitible at all, I guesss the Easymesh network can not be set up at all, regardless wired or wireless.

However, the implementation of Easymesh can vary between brands and models, so that may be the reason of disconnection.

Options
Re:Getting Archer AX53 connected to Easymesh Controller running MAP version R3
3 weeks ago

@Marvin_S Thank you for your response. Can you please suggest any TPlink router with map version R3 so that we can order the same?

Options
Re:Getting Archer AX53 connected to Easymesh Controller running MAP version R3 -Solution

@router_aspirant 

Hi, thanks for your understanding and cooperation. It is a pity that our Easymesh are all R2 standard.

As I know, R3 should be downward compatible with R2. Although we follow the relevant protocols to design, there is no guarantee of 100% compatibility as there are significant differences between manufacturers.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 173

Replies: 3

Related Articles