Onemesh - can I prevent roaming for a specific device?

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(4555)

Hi Community. 

I am using an AX6000 router with a RE705X extender. The network works fine. The issue is that one of my cameras (a Tapo C225) fails at random times, and it seems to be connected to the fact that it connects to the extender, rather than the main router (other cameras seem fine). It works for a while, then a handover or something fails and it needs to be hard rebooted. Since this is a camera, it's an issue (most useful when I'm away, can't rebootetc.). The issue doesn not seem to appear when the extender is removed.

Is there any way to force a device / IP to avoid migrating radios and force it to connect to the main router in an onemesh network? I am fairly familiar with router configs (but I am no engineer).

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Onemesh - can I prevent roaming for a specific device?-Solution

@Andrei_005 

Hi,

At present it does not support to force the device to connect to the certain device.

As Tapo C225 does not support to connect to the router via Ethernet cable, you can set a different WIFI for the range extender or place the camera closer to the main router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Onemesh - can I prevent roaming for a specific device?-Solution

@Andrei_005 

Hi,

At present it does not support to force the device to connect to the certain device.

As Tapo C225 does not support to connect to the router via Ethernet cable, you can set a different WIFI for the range extender or place the camera closer to the main router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Onemesh - can I prevent roaming for a specific device?
2 weeks ago

Hi  @Sunshine 

Understood. Thank you for the quick reply and clarity.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 78

Replies: 2

Related Articles