re505x keeps disconnecting

2 weeks ago
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20240308 Rel. 56141

I'm having an issue with my RE505X WiFi extender. For the first 2-3 days after I got it, it worked perfectly, but now it keeps disconnecting every 10-15 minutes. I'm using an Ethernet cable from the extender to my computer and running on 2.4GHz because it has a stronger signal than 5GHz. I've tried checking for updates, rebooting the extender, unplugging it, and even turning off my modem, but the problem still persists. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice on how to fix it?

Options
2 Reply
Re:re505x keeps disconnecting
a week ago

@Morgrim 

Hi,

How about the light status when it disconnect from the main router?

Please check if the internet on the front router is normal or not.

If only the range extender drops, please replce it closer to the main rotuer and check if the connection will come back.

And please also check if the firmware is the latest or not. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:re505x keeps disconnecting
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Morgrim 

The firmware is up to date, and the light status on the extender goes from blue to red and then back to blue very quickly when it disconnects. The app says the extender is in a 'great spot,' and my router's internet connection is solid. However, the issue is still occurring.

Options