Using 2 WPA7617 KIT

Using 2 WPA7617 KIT
Using 2 WPA7617 KIT
a week ago - last edited Saturday
Model: TL-WPA7517 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have bought two of these kits by mistake and am hoping I can make them work.  

As I understand, each kit has one adaptor (PA7017) and one extender (WPA7517).  In the installation guide the PA7017 adaptor is shown plugged into the router with the extender at another location.

What I want to do is have one router connection and 3 outlets.  On one of these outlets I dont need WiFi, a wired connection would be sufficient.  Can I use my second PA7017 adaptor as an outlet?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Using 2 WPA7617 KIT -Solution

@Anodic 

Hi,

Yes, you can.

Just "pair" all four Powerline adapters (2x PA7017 and 2x WPA7517) together as per the official Installation Guide or User Guide. After that is done I recommend you use the "tpPLC" software to verify that all four are indeed connected. The screen must show all adapters at once, similar to the sample picture below.

It doesn't matter which one of the four Powerline adapters you connect to the router. It's your choice.
The way it is drawn in the Installation Guide is just how most users would connect them.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Using 2 WPA7617 KIT -Solution

@Anodic 

Hi,

Yes, you can.

Just "pair" all four Powerline adapters (2x PA7017 and 2x WPA7517) together as per the official Installation Guide or User Guide. After that is done I recommend you use the "tpPLC" software to verify that all four are indeed connected. The screen must show all adapters at once, similar to the sample picture below.

It doesn't matter which one of the four Powerline adapters you connect to the router. It's your choice.
The way it is drawn in the Installation Guide is just how most users would connect them.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 69

Replies: 1

Related Articles