Combining X50-5g and XE75s or other X50s

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have recently got a Deco X50-5G router which I am using with a 5g SIM.

It is working well (I get around 130mb) and now I want to distribute the signal around the house using other Deco units.

Should I simply get more X50s or are there any advantages to getting the more expensive XE75s instead?

For example the X50 is dual band and the XE75 is tri band but does that make any difference if the broadband is originating from the X50.

Regarding ethernet backhaul. At the moment I have no easy way of using ethernet backhaul from the X50-5G. Would it be worthwhile getting an ethernet cable run from the X50 to at least one of the XE75s or X50s or is that only useful if they all have ethernet backhaul?

Thanks for any help with this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Combining X50-5g and XE75s or other X50s
2 weeks ago

@GadgetObsessed 

Welcome to the community.

Do you have any mobile devices that supports 6GHz or WiFi 6E?

If not, I think Deco X50 could be more suitable.

Ethernet Backhaul usually works better than wireless backhaul. It helps improve the network speed and stability of the satellite Deco even it is the only one that is connected via an Ethernet cable. So if there is a possibility for Ethernet connection, Ethernet Backhaul is always recommenced, such as:

Deco X50-5G----<wifi>----satellite Deco X50#1----<Ethernet cable>---satellite Deco X50#2

For more details, it is also suggested to refer to General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 78

Replies: 1

Related Articles