WiFi for students

WiFi for students

WiFi for students
WiFi for students
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi forum members 

I am looking to create for a client / friend, a wifi network for a small house with 9 rooms, but I want to avoid each device to see each other, avoiding any hack or bad intentions, I need a device that allows client isolation, and I need to add mesh devices but not by POE because only the bedrooms has network cable, so the signal should travel by WiFi. And the APs power direct from the wall not POE.

I was looking for TP-Link EAP610 does this device has client isolation? Do I need 5 devices same model or any other solution to expand the mesh ?

Thanks in advance 

best regards

hugo

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WiFi for students -Solution

@HugoBoss1976 

Configuring an SSID as a 'Guest Network' will prevent local-local access ie clients can only go to internet, and you can have up to 16 virtual SSIDs defined on an AP if I recall.  Downside is you cannot print locally to a wirelessly networked printer.

You could go full Omada mode, add a router AND a controller and then you can pretty much do anything, every SSID would have it's own subnet and you can impose rules blocking sub-sub traffic.  Depending on the desired granularity and router you pick, you may also need an Omada switch like the SG2008.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi for students -Solution

@HugoBoss1976 

Configuring an SSID as a 'Guest Network' will prevent local-local access ie clients can only go to internet, and you can have up to 16 virtual SSIDs defined on an AP if I recall.  Downside is you cannot print locally to a wirelessly networked printer.

You could go full Omada mode, add a router AND a controller and then you can pretty much do anything, every SSID would have it's own subnet and you can impose rules blocking sub-sub traffic.  Depending on the desired granularity and router you pick, you may also need an Omada switch like the SG2008.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 49

Replies: 1

Related Articles