Printer connected by internet cable

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have recently purchase and installed 3 deco units.  All works fine, and I have a network printer connected to one unit by cable. No problem printing to this printer from various laptops/PCs but I cannot print from my mobile or tablet. 

I have previously used powerline adapters and did not have a problem.

It may be the port?  The printer is installed on a WSD port (don't know what this is}, wereas before it was connected to a port with an IP address.  I think my tablet and mobile looks for printers on IP ports, not a WSD port.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Nick

Options
3 Reply
Re:Printer connected by internet cable
a week ago

@Nick_R 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your network printer?

Are you able to see the network printer as one of the "Online Clients" on the Deco APP?

Do you have an ISP Wi-Fi router connected in front of the Deco X50?

-If yes, You could try to set Deco into Access Point mode:How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

I saw some discussions about the WSD Port Monitor of the network printers for your reference:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/WSD-port-monitor-for-Printers-and-TCP-IP-ports-what-is-the/td-p/579705

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-performance-team/ws2008-the-wsd-port-monitor/ba-p/372760

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Monday - last edited Tuesday

@David-TP 

Thank you for the reply and the useful information.

My printer is a Kyocera ECOSYS P2040dw.  I cannot see printer in deco app, off line or on line clients, nor on my router connected devices.

Previously it was connected by cable to a powerline adapter and I could print from laptop/PC/tablet/mobile. I could also see printer in newtork map.

When I installed the deco mesh and I plugged the printer, I got status "offline", so I deleted and reinstalled the printer. As I said, it now works fine with laptop and PC, but not tablet or mobile.  I think the issue it was it installed to a WSD port.

I don't really want to try Access Point mode, as I as sure issue is WSD v TCP/IP port.  My tablet and mobile is looking for IP address 192.168.1.204.

If I click on printer icon Windows 11 "Devices and Printers", I can see printer is connected to a WSP port. 

If I access printer so-called Command Centre, I see printer has IP ,address 192.168.1.204.

If I manually try and add printer to my tabled using this IP address, I get message "No printer found at this address"

Any other ideas welcome.  Some posts talk about disabling WSD in Windows and reinstalling printer.  I may give the a go if I can find out how to do this.

Is there a reason why I cannot see my printer IP in deco app or my router app?

Options
14 hours ago - last edited 14 hours ago

@Nick_R  @David-TP 

Update....as suggested by David-TP, I changed setup to Access Point rather that Router mode.

All now fine.  I can see both printers available  in Printers and Scanners on Windows11. Both work OK from laptop or PC.  The one on the on  192.168.1.204 IP port also works with my tablet and mobile.  Thank you very much for the suggestion.

By the way, I also checked my old powerline adapters...they are AP mode only!

Nick

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 85

Replies: 3

Related Articles