WI-Fi Schedule at night / as needed but maintain ethernet
WI-Fi Schedule at night / as needed but maintain ethernet
Sunday - last edited Sunday
Tags: #Wi-fi Schedule night
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.4

FTA TP LINK New Feature Request Team/Engineer Development team,

I am reaching out to emphasize the significant value and necessity of the scheduled mesh WiFi feature that a substantial number of your customers have been requesting for the past approximately six years. This feature is not merely a convenience but an essential functionality for various reasons, and addressing this need promptly would greatly enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Key Benefits and Use Cases:

1. Enhanced Security:

Many users are concerned about potential security vulnerabilities associated with their WiFi network being active at all times. By scheduling WiFi to be turned off during certain periods (e.g., at night), customers can mitigate risks associated with unauthorized access and reduce potential exposure to cyber threats. This feature helps in creating a safer environment by minimizing the risk of attacks during off-peak hours.

2. Reduced WIFI Exposure:

I don’t know the evidence and not my only reason to request this feature but I suspect many are concerned about this as there is growing awareness and concern about exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF) from wireless devices. Scheduling WiFi to turn off during times when it is not needed—such as overnight—can help reduce this exposure, aligning with the preferences of health-conscious users.

3. Energy Efficiency:

Turning off WiFi when not in use contributes to energy savings. While this may seem minor on an individual scale, collectively, it can contribute to a more environmentally friendly and energy-efficient home. Customers increasingly appreciate features that support sustainability.

4. Network Performance Optimization:

By scheduling WiFi to turn off during specific periods, users can prioritize and manage their network traffic more effectively. For instance, this can reduce interference and congestion during peak times when more bandwidth is required for essential tasks.

5. Improved Control and Customization:

Providing the ability to schedule WiFi operations empowers users to tailor their network settings according to their specific needs. This level of customization is highly valued and can differentiate your product from competitors who may lack such flexibility.

6. Customer Retention and Satisfaction:

Addressing this long-standing request demonstrates a commitment to listening to customer feedback and evolving with their needs. Implementing this feature can significantly enhance customer satisfaction and retention. It shows that you are responsive to user demands and are dedicated to improving their experience.

It is concerning that despite the consistent feedback over the past six years, this feature has yet to be integrated into your product lineup. The fact that customers are still requesting it underscores its importance and relevance. The continued delays and vague responses regarding this feature have led to frustration and a sense of apathy among your user base. There seems to be a automated Reply of We are looking into this with our engineers and then an automatic Our engineers want to know why you want this feature, and unfortunately it has appeared to have made people apathetic towards getting a resolution.

By prioritizing this request, you have the opportunity to not only meet but exceed customer expectation but strengthening your position in the competitive market.

In conclusion, implementing a scheduled mesh WiFi feature is a straightforward yet impactful enhancement that aligns with contemporary user needs and industry trends. It is crucial for maintaining a competitive edge and ensuring customer loyalty. We urge you to give this matter the attention it deserves and expedite its development.

My suggestion lets have one Thread where all the discussion about WIFI at night can occur as when you search TP link forums there are many replies however they are spread out all over. I would also reccommend those that want this feature reply to TP LINK Requests for why they want it as that will help speed up the process you can find that here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/669526 

Thank you for considering this request. We look forward to your positive response and the timely introduction of this valuable feature in an upcoming update as TP-Link has already confirmed it has been looked into for the past 6 years and engineers are working on it… Please let us know a time frame when it will be implemented and importantly what has happened since February 2023 when the last message was sent. I believe I have Explained the reason above you are getting minimal responses...

Kind regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:WI-Fi Schedule at night / as needed but maintain ethernet
Yesterday

@ConnectKnight 

Hi

Currently, the ECO mode firmware has been released for models such as X50 and X55 V1, while there is no available information regarding the support for ECO mode on the M9 Plus at this time.

We encourage you to share your thoughts and suggestions in the community to gather feedback from other users. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we are committed to listening to the needs of our users and continuously improving our products. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 28

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

Wi-fi Schedule night