GE-800 weird NETWORK behavior

Tuesday
Model: Archer GE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20240528 rel.85215(5553)

Hi ,

everything was working perfectly first few days, but lately I noticed some applications takes long time to load , for example:

- X , loads the text normally but the pictures or videos takes long time to load, the videos also will load the preview but won't play instantly

- Forza, an application which shows sport events dates and time, won't load any information at all , just text

- Smart TV , tested to 2 Sony android TVs wireless and wired , Youtube must lower the quality to play smoothly, other streaming application will take really really long time to load  the content and longer time to play the video , sometime won't even load anything.

Sometimes the applications also ask to check the internet connection and there is no connection

This doesn't happen to all applications, for example, Instagram , Tik Tok , Snap , LinkedIn , all working with no issues.

The speed test also shows now snowlines in speed, it's very fast.

sometime I have to connect to " deco-xe75-pro " which is in the lower floor , with less signal , but loads everything normally.

As explained , everything was working normally later this issues started , and I did not change anything in the Setting . It started by itself.

I thought it's from Security+ , so i disabled it, still same

This is the 2nd device I get this problem , i thought the first one was defective , but again I am getting the same issue

Options
3 Reply
Re:GE-800 weird NETWORK behavior
Yesterday

@Yousef17 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

May I confirm some information to understand your situation better?

1. What is your exact network topology?  As your mentioned Archer and Deco devices and different floors, we also need to know where you located them.

2. What devices do you use the applications "X" and "Forza" on? Please share also share the exact models.

3. How did these devices (your 2 Sony smart TV and the devices in  Point2 I asked) connect to Archer GE800? Connect to which WiFi band?

Thanks for your cooperation. If you can think of more details, welcome to share here~

Options
Yesterday

@Marvin_S 

Hello,

1- it's 3 floors building, the main router is in the 2nd floor, connects Deco with wire ( Main NOD ) , there are 2 nods in the floor and 3rd nod on the 1st floor.
The GE-800 on the 3rd floor , connected to the main router with wire.

2- What I am using now , Xaiomi 14 with latest updates, both OS and all other applications

3- one of them wireless, always has been with no issue, 2nd TV wired, when the problem started i tried to change to wireless, but same problem.

Regards

Options
14 hours ago

@Yousef17 

Hi, thanks for your update!

After consulting the senior support, could you please help us to confirm some information to better locate the issue?

1. Please connect your PC to GE800 wirelessly, check whether X application can play videos smoothly or not. Then open X via web broswer to check whether it can play videos smoothly.
2. Please connect your PC to GE800 via Ethernet cable, check whether X application can play videos smoothly or not. Then open X via web broswer to check whether it can play videos smoothly.
3. On your Xiaomi 14 phone(connected to GE800 wifi), please access X via web broswer and check X page can play videos smoothly.
4.For the Sony TV that can not work properly,  where did you place it when it is connected to GE800 wirelessly?  And when you connect this TV to GE800 via Ethernet cable, could please log into the web UI of GE800 to check the Ethernet Status of the port that the TV is connected. (Go to Network Map >>click on  icon Archer GE800 >>slide down to the bottom of the page >> check the corresponding LAN port, please tell which LAN port your TV is connected and share the screenshot of the page
)
5. Please change WAN DNS and DNS under DHCP Server into 8.8.8.8(Primary DNS) and 1.1.1.1(Secondary DNS). Then check whether it is helpful to resolve your current problem.
How to change WAN DNS:  you may follow this guide.

How to change DNS under DHCP Server: log into the Web UI of GE800, go to Advanced >>Network>>DHCP Server>>Edit DNS

Thanks for your cooperation~

Options