AV600 Passthrough Powerline Adapter - Can't connect to local servers but can connect through Wi-Fi.

AV600 Passthrough Powerline Adapter - Can't connect to local servers but can connect through Wi-Fi.

Monday - last edited Monday
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.0.20-00_401114_190820_902

Hello, I have connected my AV600 Passthrough Powerline Adapters and they work great. My only problem is I can't connect to any local services. The internet works fine but I can't acces my local servers. If I connect to my local network directly through another ethernet connection via Wifi or wired, then I can access everything including my servers. But any devices connected through the powerline adapters can only access the internet. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any helpsmiley

Options
6 Reply
Re:AV600 Passthrough Powerline Adapter - Can't connect to local servers but can connect through Wi-Fi.
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@TPLBaldman 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

It is suggested to turn off power saving mode following this guide.

May I confirm you connect what device to your main router/ the Powerline unit? And what is your local server?

You may share more details, especially about the network topology and the local server for better understanding.

BTW, please also share hardware version of your TL-PA4020P KIT.

Options
Re:AV600 Passthrough Powerline Adapter - Can't connect to local servers but can connect through Wi-Fi.
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@Marvin_S 

Hi Marvin, Thanks for you reply.

I have already turned off the power saving mode as i want the devices on all the time anyway. I have connected my AV600 Passthrough Powerline Adapter directly to my router. And i have paired another AV600 Passthrough Powerline Adapter in my office. The internet works but I cant connect to my local web and mail servers. I can however connect to my local servers over WiFi directly through my router. This would suggest the issue is with the Powerline Adapters and not the router. Pinging my servers local ip address while connected through the Powerline Adapter fails. Pining my servers local ip address over WiFi works. Wired Ethernet connections also allow access to the local servers. Just the Powerline adapters don't.

The model number of the powerline adapters is: TL-PA4010P KIT. Ver: 4.0

The model number of the router is:
Firmware Version:1.5.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 220321 Rel.60385n Hardware Version:Archer VR400 v3 00000002

Thanks again for any helpsmiley

Options
Tuesday

@TPLBaldman 

Hi,

Have you verified that the Ethernet card of the computer hasn't been isolated via some access control feature of your router?

Would it be possible for you to connect the office computer to the router directly via Ethernet cable (I mean just for a test), without using the Powerline adapters?

I own a TL-PA4010P KIT Ver: 2.2 and it doesn't show the behavior you've described.

Options
Wednesday

@woozle 

Hi Woozle,

Yes, I've tried connecting my office computer directly to the router via Ethernet cable and it works fine. Its only when connecting through the powerline adapters it doesn't work. I've also tested this on other computers with the same result. It's very strange. 

I thought maybe a firmware update might fix it, but I haven't been able to find any updates. I've installed the PowerLine Utility. And the ability to update is there. I just cant find any update files online.

Options
Wednesday

@TPLBaldman 

Hi, may I confirm when you purchased the TLPA4010P KIT and the issue start happening?

It is suggested to take factory reset the powerline kit and reconfigure them. You may also change different wall power sockets and make sure no other power adapter is plugging the powerline kit.

And it it suggested to contact local support with results above.

Options
Wednesday

@Marvin_S

Hi Marvin,

I have reset them multiple times. They're currently running with the default settings and with power saver mode off. They have always done this ever since i bought them over a month ago.  I have tried other power points with the same problem. Could it be something in the router preventing connections from the powerline adapters?..

Also, do you know if there's a firmware update available. I can't find any updates at all?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 6

Related Articles