Deco X50-5G does not lock the selected bands
Deco X50-5G does not lock the selected bands
Thursday - last edited Thursday
Tags: #x50-5g
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 20240809 Rel. 18610

Hi to all.

After trying everything with the X50-5G I see that if you set the "band" option to manual and you select which bands you wish exclusively to use, the X50-5G still connects to the bands that it prefers, even if these bands are not in the selected ones.

For example. I want my X50-5G to connect only to the bands N78, b1, b3, b20. So I select these bands. After a while I see that the X50-5g is connected to band N1 or N28.

The only way for it to stay only in band n78 is to set it in the "cell lock".

The problem is that this is not ideal. In order to set band n78 to cell lock you also need to set the respective PCI.

I have found that band N78 works better in pci 73 only in the evening, but works better in pci 406 during noon.

So I would like to set the X50-5g to lock to band N78 but the PCI to be automatic and change autoimatically during the day according to the best reception and signal.

This should have been done when I select N78 in the "band" option, but as explained, it does not work.

Is this a bug?

Is there a solution to that?

Can I cell lock band N78 and set pci to "auto" somehow?

Many thanks!

P.S.: One thing to note, is that from my local website of TpLink (Greece) the highest available firmware for my X50-5g is firmware build 1.1.3.
But I have installed firmware v1.1.7 (which is only found in the international website) as this was suggested in my Deco app.
Is this problem caused because I don't use the suggested firmware from the local website? Do I need to revert to 1.1.3 ? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X50-5G does not lock the selected bands
Friday

@madvinegar 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I don't think it is related to the 1.1.7 firmware. Sometimes it takes longer for local web support to upload the latest firmware to the official website. But 1.1.7 could revert to the 1.1.3 version directly via the web interface.-How to Downgrade Deco

Would there be a great difference in the network speed when Deco X50-5G is on N78 vs N1/N28? and N78 on PCI 73 vs PCI 406?

By the way, May I know who your SIM carrier is?

Have you ever tried to put this SIM card into the mobile phone to confirm its working band and network speed?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Options
Friday

@David-TP 

Thank you for your reply.

My sim carrier is Cosmote (Greece).

I had a ZTE 5G router before I got the X50-5G, using this same SIM card and I could select and lock the bands (N78, B1, B3, B20) without any problem. I opted to get the X50-5G because I have also 2 x60 decos and wanted to create a wireless mess.

The thing is, why to have such an option in X50-5G to select and lock specific bands, but same not working? Why when I select only bands N78, B1, B3, B20, after a while the X50-5G connects to N28 or N1 ?

And yes, unfortunately there is significant speed difference between N78 and N1/28.

Also, if I lock the cell to N78 with PCI 406, it works during the evening but I lose signal during the morning when it should set itself to PCI 73 as this pci works better during that time.

Do you know if devs plan to release any updated firmware ironing out these bugs? The X50-5G is quite expensive so I really want for it to work like it should.

Again many thanks for your assistance.

Options
Yesterday

@madvinegar 

Please see the attached screenshots to understand.

I have selected bands N78, B1, B3, B20.

After a while the router connected to band N1 that I have specifically not selected.

Options
Yesterday

@madvinegar 

I downgraded to firmware 1.1.3 but I get the same problem. See the screenshot. I specifically selected N78 but the router is connected to N1. So I upgraded again to 1.1.7. Hope this gets fixed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 89

Replies: 4

Tags

x50-5g
Related Articles