Connected to main network but no internet connection on range extender

2 weeks ago
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0

I have a Range extender model TL-WA855RE which was working just fine until last Thursday 09/26. Since that day my devices will connect to the extender net however I will have no access to the internet. 

I had not changed anything that might caused that 

I have tried resetting and setting the main network again, I have tried changing IP address, MAC address, I have looked through the forum and I have not found any solution so far.

power led and signal led are solid blue.

Is connected as an extender of a wireless network.

I can't conect wired since the pins for that got damaged long time ago. I have this device maybe for 4 years now.

please help! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connected to main network but no internet connection on range extender
2 weeks ago

@yesz 

Hi,

Please make sure the internet from the main router is working normally.

You can reboot the range extender and test it again.

If it still cannot work, you can reset it and set it up again. Please check if there is any advanced setting on the main router that may prevent the range extender getting internet as well.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Connected to main network but no internet connection on range extender
2 weeks ago

Hi @Sunshine , thank you for your help, I have tried connecting to the main network which is the one on the main Router and I have connection to the internet. 

I have tried rebooting the extender and it hasn't been successful it just does the same.  

Also tried changing the main network and still the same. 

On the advance network it was "obtain IP automatically" or something like that, I tried changing it to a manually input and put there some settings from the main network router and it didn't worked either 😭

please let me know if maybe there is something else that comes to your mind that might help me, really appreciated it! 

Options