Broadband working; TP-Link Wifi available, but "not connected"

a week ago
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.2 Build 20240308 Rel. 55841

I have a set (2) M4 models in my home with a bunch of devices connected to it.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. On my phone the network is definitely available, but once I connect to it, I get "not connected".

I have:

• confirmed that my broadband is working - I can connect and work on it without any issues.
  • changed ports on the broadband modem (no change)
  • I can still open the Deco app (which shows "Everything looks good." But everything definitely isn't "good" since all the devices connected to the wifi won't connect to the internet.
  • I have previously reset the entire network and reconnected each device again. That 'solution' was short-lived.

It sometimes appear as though the device "goes to sleep" at night and wakes up sometime during the morning- though I don't have any "Eco mode" set up.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Broadband working; TP-Link Wifi available, but "not connected"
a week ago

@Inge83 It seems like your Deco M4 might be experiencing issues with Wi-Fi scheduling or interference. Since you've already ruled out broadband and modem issues, try disabling any potential Wi-Fi schedule or ECO Mode, even if you think it’s not set up, as some settings might trigger these behaviors. Additionally, check for firmware updates on both the Deco M4 units and your broadband modem. If the problem persists, consider separating the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks in the Deco app to reduce interference and improve stability.

Options