Jio sim not working in TP-Link TL-MR6500v 300 Mbps 4G LTE Telephony

Monday - last edited Tuesday
Model: TL-MR6500v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased a new router and inserted my Jio SIM card (India) into the device. However, the router is unable to detect the SIM, despite multiple troubleshooting attempts. I have tried the following steps:

Restarted the router several times.

Updated the router to the latest firmware.

Verified that the SIM card is correctly inserted.

Despite these efforts, the SIM is still not being detected. Could you please provide further assistance or suggest additional steps to resolve this issue? If there are any specific settings or configurations required for Jio SIM cards to work with the router, kindly guide me through the process.

Thank you for your support.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Jio sim not working in TP-Link TL-MR6500v 300 Mbps 4G LTE Telephony-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@Sunshine 

Thanks for your response. I resolved the issue manually. The problem occurred when I inserted my Jio SIM into a 5G mobile, and it stopped working. So, I inserted the Jio SIM into a 4G mobile, used some internet to play videos, and after 5 minutes, I inserted the SIM back into the router. I reset the router, and this resolved the issue. Now, the Jio SIM is working fine."

"Happy hacking and stay curious!"😁 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Jio sim not working in TP-Link TL-MR6500v 300 Mbps 4G LTE Telephony

@Ashu_joshi_123 

Hi,

What is your current firmware version? You can check it here, if it is not the latest version, please update it manually.

Please also test if the SIM can be detected normally by other 4G router.

Also you can test the router with the other SIM cards.

Besides, you can also keep the SIM card insert in the router, and then reboot the router several times. If the issue still exists, please contact local support with the troubleshooting results.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Jio sim not working in TP-Link TL-MR6500v 300 Mbps 4G LTE Telephony-Solution

@Sunshine 

Thanks for your response. I resolved the issue manually. The problem occurred when I inserted my Jio SIM into a 5G mobile, and it stopped working. So, I inserted the Jio SIM into a 4G mobile, used some internet to play videos, and after 5 minutes, I inserted the SIM back into the router. I reset the router, and this resolved the issue. Now, the Jio SIM is working fine."

"Happy hacking and stay curious!"😁 

Recommended Solution
Options