access to files on a USB-drive on the Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-29 12:01:00
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I am using tp 3040 for accessing Internet on wifi , I am using EC 1260 working absolutely fine.
My doubt is , there is a micro SD attachment provision in my dongle, which can be used as a storage device .
How I can access to this USB storage when I am in wifi network.

Regards,
Lalit
Options
3 Reply
Re:access to files on a USB-drive on the Wi-Fi
2013-05-29 16:29:53
Hi, Lalit.
I'm afraid that the USB storage cannot be accessed. The USB port of TL-MR3220 is for 3G/4G USB modems. And there is no information showing that the USB port of TL-MR3220 can be also used for USB storage on the TP-LINK website.
Options
2013-05-30 01:00:38
Hi alisa, thanks for reply, I have purchased MR-3040, before having it I have gone through some reviews, where it was mentioned that the same port can be used as USB data storage.
The link I have pasted for your reference .
http://www.disk91.com/2012/technology/systems/installation-of-a-piratebox-on-t-link-mr3040/

Kindly advice...
Regards,
Lalit patra
Options
2013-05-30 17:18:39
Hi, Lalit.
Maybe someone can use OPEN WRT firmware or other ways to make the USB port work as USB storage.
But if you update the router with the third party firmware, the warranty of the router will be avoided. And it is not sure whether the router can be working stably with the third party firmware.
It does not worth to take a risk.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 792

Replies: 3