Link and Internet light drops blinking. Interenet drops .

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-20 13:50:19
Region : India

Model : TD-W8961

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :
BSNL broadband

I have several problems. Internet light works only for few minutes. sometimes link light also stops working. I have tested another modem but its working perfectly on it. no issue with ISP. I am under warranty but i had purchased ADSL through flipkart 3 moths ago . Now dealer says he cant replace then what to do no help from TP LINK . Too bad feeling, PLz help.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Link and Internet light drops blinking. Interenet drops .
2013-08-21 15:02:22
Hi.

Have you contacted with your Internet service provider to check the ADSL line? If you replace TD-W8968 with another modem, how about the Internet connection?

If Internet works fine with another modem, you can change the ADSL mode on the DSL Settings page and see which one is more suitable for your ADSL line.
Options
2013-08-22 13:39:27
sorry there was wrong modem number and version , now i have updated . and plz tell me more about adsl mode.

And also give me solution to replace modem. I havent any distributor. I have purchased from flipkart.com .
Options
2013-08-23 15:12:19

tejassuthar777 wrote

sorry there was wrong modem number and version , now i have updated . and plz tell me more about adsl mode.

And also give me solution to replace modem. I havent any distributor. I have purchased from flipkart.com .

If you hook up the computer to the modem by an Ethernet cable, Internet still keep dropping and the Internet light is off when it drops, right?

If so, before change the ADSL mode on the modem, please test if you can ping 192.168.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 on the computer when Internet disconnects.
How to use Ping command: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=425

Then please try if you can login 192.168.1.1 to access the modem's page. If can, please post the screenshot about Device Info(Status->Device info) page here.

Since you get TD-W8961ND from flipkart.com, normally you can contact with flipkart.com to replace the modem. So now flipkart.com refuses to replace the modem for you?
File:
ADSL mode.jpgDownload
Options
2013-08-23 15:13:22

tejassuthar777 wrote

If you hook up the computer to the modem by an Ethernet cable, Internet still keep dropping and the Internet light is off when it drops, right?

If so, before change the ADSL mode on the modem, please test if you can ping 192.168.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 on the computer when Internet disconnects.

Then please try if you can login 192.168.1.1 to access the modem's page. If can, please post the screenshot about Device Info(Status->Device info) page here.

Since you get TD-W8961ND from flipkart.com, normally you can contact with flipkart.com to replace the modem. So now flipkart.com refuses to replace the modem for you?
Options
2013-09-07 05:14:33

stella wrote

I have contacted flipkart but they refused as i hve completed 30 days . so they cant help me as per their mail. so what should i do now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 801

Replies: 5