unable to get Dynamic DNS ip address updating to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-22 20:54:14
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.4.0 Build 111108 Rel.40398n

ISP : plus net

My modem router will not update the ip address with my hosting address (which is with no-ip).
I have given my server a static reservation on the W8960N, set up a specified port, registered a hosting address with www.no-ip.com, entered the hostname, username, password settings in to the Dynamic DNS settings part of the W8960N. I can access the server from another external address if I give it the latest ip address but not with the no-ip hosting address. If I manually enter the latest ip address in to no-ip account then the hosting address works.

I then upgraded the firmware of the W8960N, did a factory reset, and went through all of the above and the problem remains ie the modem/router will not update the ip address on no-ip account. Any help would be much appreciated.
Options
2 Reply
Re:unable to get Dynamic DNS ip address updating to work
2013-08-25 19:09:47
Hi.
Is your TD-W8960N V1? I hear that there is no firmware updated for V1 or V3. Is the modem a new one?
Options
Re:unable to get Dynamic DNS ip address updating to work
2013-08-29 17:01:12
Hello Moon,

It is V1, I have had it for about 1-2 years, otherwise it works fine. Up to now I have not needed this functionality. The TP Link support pages have several firmware up dates, the latest being TD-W8960N_V1_V3_111108, but it doesn't seem to be doing the job.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1307

Replies: 2