Can't connect to router due to pre-configured Access Control List (ACL)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-23 11:38:51
Region : Vietnam

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : V3.1 (writen on Router back side)

ISP : FTP

Hello everyone,

Recently, I've configured Access Control List on my Wireless Router because I want to test knowledge I've learnt. But unfortunately, after configuring, I can't access to router for management. When I type 192.168.1.1 (Router's LAN IP address), Web Browser said that i can't reach the address. I can't ping router as well. :confused:
The last configuration is an ACL entry that allow WWW access for all IP. But I think it will block all traffic except WWW traffic, so I can't access to Management page anymore.
I don't want to reset router because I don't remember init configuration of the router. So please help me some way to gain control of the router again.
Looking forward to hearing from you! Thank a lot! :)

Regard.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't connect to router due to pre-configured Access Control List (ACL)
2013-08-24 10:30:27
Hi.
The model number of your modem is TD-W8968?? I cannot find out Access Control in the User Guide of this modem.
But I find out this FAQ: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=476

Since you enter an ACL entry that allow WWW access for all IP, I am afraid the IP settings are not done correctly and the only way to login the web page again is to reset the modem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 1

Related Articles