W8951ND restart after few minutes of wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-24 01:53:47
Region : India

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : 5.0.0 Build 120522 Rel.23978

ISP : BSNL

Dear i just puchase this router and configure it by service provider,

Inernet is working normally with my desktop connection but when i try to connect my mobile device via wifi it will connect but after few minutes wifi connection is lost, and router will restart automatically,

Same problem also occured when i try mobile on next room where signal is also gone low and router was restart,

What to do it is just 7 day old router,

Kindly solve the problem,
Thanks in advance,
Shahid
Options
3 Reply
Re:W8951ND restart after few minutes of wifi connection
2013-08-24 17:53:13
Options
change 9V adpter to 12V adapter
2013-09-27 03:32:04

Shahid wrote

Region : India

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : 5.0.0 Build 120522 Rel.23978

ISP : BSNL

Dear i just puchase this router and configure it by service provider,

Inernet is working normally with my desktop connection but when i try to connect my mobile device via wifi it will connect but after few minutes wifi connection is lost, and router will restart automatically,

Same problem also occured when i try mobile on next room where signal is also gone low and router was restart,

What to do it is just 7 day old router,

Kindly solve the problem,
Thanks in advance,
Shahid

don't worry bro...
even i was experiencing the same problen....

the adapter which they give is 9v.... but dat is not suffecient to give wifi to far away devices, hence the modem gets restarted....
but i changed my adapter to 12v adapter and everything seems to be workin fine ;)

hope it'll work for you...
Options
Did you replace the adapter at TP-Link support?
2013-09-27 21:41:51

musicmugu wrote

don't worry bro...
even i was experiencing the same problen....

the adapter which they give is 9v.... but dat is not suffecient to give wifi to far away devices, hence the modem gets restarted....
but i changed my adapter to 12v adapter and everything seems to be workin fine ;)

hope it'll work for you...

Mate, Firstly thank you so much for your response. Are you sure you did not face any problem after you changed the adapter?
How did you change the adapter? Can we get adapter replaced @ TP-Link Service center?
Its annoying that it frequently disconnects. Many times i thought of throwing it away by this problem :mad::mad:.. Anyways thanks again..:)
Options