Samsung Smart TV won't work with WDS bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-24 05:47:07
Region : Finland

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : TL-MR3220_V2_130423

ISP :

Hello,

I am having really weird problem with Samsung Smart TV and WDS bridge. I have Asus DSL-N12U ADSL modem and TP-Link MR3220 is connected to it with WDS bridge. DHCP server is disabled on MR3220 as Asus serves IP addresses. Wireless bridge is working as I have tested it with a laptop connected to MR3220 via ethernet cable. Only Samsung TV is causing trouble.

Weird part is that TV gets an IP from Asus through wireless bridge and I can ping it from other devices in the same network. I can also control it with Samsung's own Android app. Still the TV tells me that it can't connect to the router. It performs some weird network test when it tries to connect to the internet and fails. I think it has something to do with UPnP but I can't be sure.

Television connects just fine when I connect it directly to Asus with ethernet cable. It's pretty clear that wireless bridge is causing the trouble.

I have disabled the firewall on MR3220 but it shouldn't even matter.

I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light to this problem. I have spent many hours trying different settings and googling for solution with no luck.

Thank you for your help :-)
Options
2 Reply
Re:Samsung Smart TV won't work with WDS bridge
2013-08-26 15:14:05
It seems the WDS bridging is set up successfully. Just confirm with you: Samsung TV is connected to the MR3220 via a cable or wirelessly?
Well, the Samsung Smart TV is able to get a proper IP address from the router through wireless bridge. Have you tried to manually enter the google DNS 8.8.8.8 onto Samsung TV? And see if you can access internet then.
Options
Re:Samsung Smart TV won't work with WDS bridge
2020-06-11 11:14:01 - last edited 2020-06-11 11:25:07

@rrautane Even if Samsung TV writes that it cannot connect to the Internet, try using the Smart HUB - the Internet works in applications.

Yes, that's 2020 and Samsung TVs still not working correctly with bridged routers (WDS).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 826

Replies: 2