USB media sharing problem - Video Buffers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-24 15:16:08
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I recently Purchased TP-Link 8968 Router for my Home use, i am using Reliance 2G dongle on its USB port to share Internet. I am Using Windows8 64 bit Laptop, Nokia N8, Samsung ACE dous & LG 42LM6690 Smart TV on my home network.

When sharing internet, everything is working wife, all the devices are able to access internet simultaneously. But my Real requirement out of this router is to share / Stream Videos on my Home network. when doing so i am getting problem as below

1) Sharing USB as Media server, only Laptop is able to access it via "\\192.168.1.1\USB_Folder" but wen playing video its buffering. also only few files are recognised in WMP as remote media.

2) MY TV & mobile are not able to find Router's USB Media Server, however they are able to find Laptops Media server (Plex Server) which i installed to share my laptop videos, and its working fine without any buffer.

3) When i connect my laptop via LAN cable, then USB video works fine, when i connect my TV on LAN cable, same its not able to recognize USB server. (May be TV not able to browse on folder level)

The main thing which i want to achieve with my home setup is that i will connect my portable HDD to router's USB port & want to share it among my devices. TV, Laptop, Mobile phones etc with internet. Can i get above setup with using TD-8968 router ? if anybody can suggest me in this regard would be a great help.

Regards,
Romi4aap
Options
2 Reply
Re:USB media sharing problem - Video Buffers
2013-08-24 17:48:26
Hi.
There may exist compatibility issue between TD-W8968 and your devices in respect of media server.
What is the model number of the portable HDD? What are the formats of the videos?
Options
Re:USB media sharing problem - Video Buffers
2013-08-25 18:15:19
I am using WD 1 TB HDD, with external power, & video formats are normally, avi, mpg, mp4, mkv etc.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 2

Related Articles