Several new 8951ND problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-27 06:14:16
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I am writing from Israel (Couldn't select the country from the pull down menu).
First I want to say that I LOVE TP LINK stand alone routers. They preformed VERY WELL during the past few years.

I'm having some problems with several NEW 8951ND routers I just bought for my clients.They are all V5 with latest firmwares, And I installed 2 of them on one of my client's sites, and they both have these symptoms :
1. Wired internet speed seems to degrade after few hours/days and a restart of the router brings it back to max speed (15 m/bit speeds drops down to 10-12 m/bit)
2. router seems to route but it's menu can't be accessed via web on 2 computers. I've tried with 2 different OS (Wired and wireless xp and win7)
3. router seems to freeze after few days - one green led is on (I think it's the explorer like led) and only a physical restart bring it back to life.

I wouldn't mention it in this forum if it wasn't happening on 2 new routers from the same model. I wanted to know if other people (mostly Israel guys) had problems with that specific model. I have a client with 8951ND V4 hardware and it works well.I also have another client with 8961ND and it also seems to work ok (they are running for few weeks now without restaring).

Thank you
Options
2 Reply
Re:Several new 8951ND problems
2013-08-27 17:45:00
Options
Re:Several new 8951ND problems
2013-08-28 14:01:09
Hello Stella,

Thank you for the link, But it's not the same problem I'm experiencing. My routers FREEZE and their WEB UI cannot be accessed.
In the post you linked the problem is that specific WIFI scenarios makes the router restart....
Anyway just replaced the router yesterday to one of my clients to older router that was sold 3 years ago by the ISP and internet seems to work fine in the last 24 hours.
I still keep my eyes on this client and will monitor his connection for the next few days.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 508

Replies: 2