media server not compatible with samsung smart tv and samsung blue ray

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-31 07:31:55
Region : Canada

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TD-W8970_V1_130415

ISP : teksavvy

when I try to play movies from a hard drive attached to the td-w8970 usb port using directly the smart tv or the blue ray, I am able to browse the movies files listed all as created in 1970 (and that is not the true date) but when I try to play any of the movies, it tells me that the format is not supported and same thing happens if I try to display pictures or play mp3 music files.
I guess tplink need to release a new firmware to solve this problem that apparently was affecting (not any longer now) the XBOX and PS3 before the release of the latest firmware in April.
Options
3 Reply
Re:media server not compatible with samsung smart tv and samsung blue ray
2013-09-04 16:16:09
Have you tried to play these movies on PC via media player?
Can media player of the PC detect the media server of TD-W8970?
Options
Upgraded to the latest firmware 9/28/2013 and still same issues.
2013-10-03 11:51:16
I have learnt that TP-LINK routers don't use DLNA but Samba as media player and that has compatibility issues such the ones with SMART TVs and not just Samsung.

I really hope you guys are working on the issue and release a new firmware soon that allows everyone to watch movies from external HDs connected to the router's USB.
Thanks,
Paolo
Options
Re:media server not compatible with samsung smart tv and samsung blue ray
2013-10-30 16:30:07
Now a new firmware has been published, I think you maybe you can have a try.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 3

Related Articles