W8960N freezes when WiFi on/off with button on back

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-31 20:50:06
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 1.1.1 Build 120912 Rel.67406

ISP :

Hello all. I have just bought a TP-Link WD8960N modem. I have connected and I have internet without any issues with my ISP.

But I am facing another issue that has to do with WiFi. More specific it seems that when using the hard button on the back for toggling the WiFi on-off the device starts freezing. More specific my PC stops having internet access and i cannot access the device IP 192.168.1.1. This behavior happens whenever I disable the WiFi by using the hard button on the back. So every time i turn off the WiFi with the button after a few seconds the device stops providing internet to my pc and is not accesible at all. Also sometimes I have seen that when turning the WiFi on (either form button or admin page) the devices connected to it (a mobile phone and an iPad) although connect to the WiFi they do not get internet access.....

Only solution is to reboot the device (power off and on).

Any solution to my issue? I changed my previous modem with this one only because I wanted the WiFi button on/off option.
Options
2 Reply
Re:W8960N freezes when WiFi on/off with button on back
2013-09-01 04:25:25

asikis wrote

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 1.1.1 Build 120912 Rel.67406

ISP :

Hello all. I have just bought a TP-Link WD8960N modem. I have connected and I have internet without any issues with my ISP.

But I am facing another issue that has to do with WiFi. More specific it seems that when using the hard button on the back for toggling the WiFi on-off the device starts freezing. More specific my PC stops having internet access and i cannot access the device IP 192.168.1.1. This behavior happens whenever I disable the WiFi by using the hard button on the back. So every time i turn off the WiFi with the button after a few seconds the device stops providing internet to my pc and is not accesible at all. Also sometimes I have seen that when turning the WiFi on (either form button or admin page) the devices connected to it (a mobile phone and an iPad) although connect to the WiFi they do not get internet access.....

Only solution is to reboot the device (power off and on).

Any solution to my issue? I changed my previous modem with this one only because I wanted the WiFi button on/off option.

Update: I have tried turning ON and OFF the WiFi only via the admin page and not the button at all. When WiFi is ON everything is ok. But when i turn it to OFF (via admin page again) the device either stops responding (i.e. my iMac doesn't have internet access anymore and only solution is to power OFF and ON again the modem) or the device reboots it self.....

I start to believe that I have a faulty device....Is there any update available for my device that can solve these issues? I see SW 130205_Beta but it is beta and I do not know if it will help or create more issues....

Please someone from the TP-Link support team seed some light to my issue.

Really thank you
Options
Re:W8960N freezes when WiFi on/off with button on back
2013-09-06 17:47:12
I ever used the 120912 firmware, now I use the 130205_Beta, both works normally when I turn on/off the wireless, I think maybe you could try to upgrade the firmware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 609

Replies: 2

Related Articles