Ip6 Settings for MTNL Triband Mumbai

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-08 15:53:53
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : MTNL Triband Mumbai

I intend to buy TD-W8968 ver2 modem cum wifi router for home use (MTNL Triband Mumbai). I know that this is IP6 compatible. The ISP has given their IP6 settings on their FB page but I am not sure if it will work on this unit so my question before buying. I want to know how to configure IP6 for MTNL. To summarise it. Does this unit have.
1) Set DHCPIP6 to 'SLACC'
2) Enable DHCP PD.
3) Enable RADVD.
4) Set RADVD to 'Auto'

The user guide I have with me for this unit is actually for ver 1 (downloaded from their site) which adds to my confusion.
Options
12 Reply
Re:Ip6 Settings for MTNL Triband Mumbai
2013-09-09 13:25:11
Hi Socrates,

I have followed that settings you had specified for configuration of IPV6 Modem. I own a TD-W8968 & the ISP is MTNL.. I would like to tell you that i am unable to configure for the same..

It always gives me a status of being "Disconnected"

socrates0 wrote

Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : MTNL Triband Mumbai

I intend to buy TD-W8968 ver2 modem cum wifi router for home use (MTNL Triband Mumbai). I know that this is IP6 compatible. The ISP has given their IP6 settings on their FB page but I am not sure if it will work on this unit so my question before buying. I want to know how to configure IP6 for MTNL. To summarise it. Does this unit have.
1) Set DHCPIP6 to 'SLACC'
2) Enable DHCP PD.
3) Enable RADVD.
4) Set RADVD to 'Auto'

The user guide I have with me for this unit is actually for ver 1 (downloaded from their site) which adds to my confusion.
Options
2013-09-09 22:38:01
O dear is that so, that raises the question if this model is compatible with MTNL Triband as far as IP6 is concerned. I have even written to their support in India & still awaiting a reply :(
Options
2013-09-10 09:46:15
I think TD-W8968 can fully meet your demand.

Please go to Network -> Wan Settings, and check enable IPv6. You can set IPv6 Autoconfiguration Type as SLAAC.
Please go to Network -> IPv6 LAN settings, and you can set Address Autoconfiguration Type as RADVD, set Site Prefix Configuration Type as delegated.

After configuring your router like this, it should be working then.
Options
2013-09-10 09:47:21

Please go to Network -> Wan Settings, and check enable IPv6. You can set IPv6 Autoconfiguration Type as SLAAC.
Please go to Network -> IPv6 LAN settings, and you can set Address Autoconfiguration Type as RADVD, set Site Prefix Configuration Type as delegated.

Options
2013-09-10 11:07:09
Thanks now only this remains unexplained 'Enable DHCP PD.' point (2) in post #1 because 'Krish_007' tried it out on his unit & he was getting ' Disconnected' status post #2
Options
2013-09-10 16:14:51
Enable DHCP PD
Here PD means Prefix delegation which is just delegated mode.
That's it.
Options
2013-09-10 20:48:35

Vincent wrote

Enable DHCP PD
Here PD means Prefix delegation which is just delegated mode.
That's it.

@Vincent Thanks

Hi Socrates,

I have followed that settings you had specified for configuration of IPV6 Modem. I own a TD-W8968 & the ISP is MTNL.. I would like to tell you that i am unable to configure for the same..

It always gives me a status of being "Disconnected"

@Krish_007 Can you try this out & let us know Thanks
Options
2013-09-10 22:12:20
Hi Vincent,

I have tried to do what you have suggested

[*]
[*]Please go to Network -> Wan Settings, and check enable IPv6. You can set IPv6 Autoconfiguration Type as SLAAC.
[*]

When i configure this above settings & try to save, I get this following error...

[*]Network -> IPv6 LAN settings, and you can set Address Autoconfiguration Type as RADVD, set Site Prefix Configuration Type as delegated.

These are already set as Default in my router.

Current Settings

Vincent wrote

Options
2013-09-10 22:18:29
O no :( :mad:Sent two mails in the last 1 week & no reply yet. I wonder if they are on an extended holiday !!!!
Options
2013-09-10 22:37:01
i even tried to create a new connection with IPV6 Settings.. Here is the status which it shows.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1719

Replies: 12