W8968 freezes when Wifi turned on.Had worked fine for 6 months

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-09 15:08:54
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.4 v0005.0 Build 130217 Rel.62075n

ISP : Airtel

Dear Users,
Since two days, the wireless router (ADSL) has been freezing resulting in WiFi dropping off (wifi led goes off on router) followed by Wired connection also. If wifi button is pressed again manually, it glows for a few seconds and the whole router/modem freezes.(No response on pressing any of the buttons except Power button). Even web interface (192.168.1.1) will not be available until a fresh restart.
Tried Firmware upgrade to 0.6.0 0.4 v0005.0 Build 130217 Rel.62075n.(Has been on TD-W8968_V1_120926 till now when the problem cropped up out of the blue after 6 months of trouble free usage).
Did not work.Problem persisted.
Tried a hard reset.
Did not work either.
Guess I would need a replacement. Product is under warranty. But there is no response from TP-Link support call centre. They never pick up :mad:

Model:TD-W8968 Ver:1.1
Date of Purchase:27-Feb-2013 (thru Ebay)

Broadband: Airtel .(Router is working fine over LAN - wired- if Wifi is kept turned off.)

Tried emailing their support.in@tp-link.com and still awaiting even an acknowledgement (leave alone solution).

Getting scared by reading responses that it may take ages to get this resolved with TP-Link support as there is no proper process of warranty replacement/RMA etc.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

SK
Options
2 Reply
Re:W8968 freezes when Wifi turned on.Had worked fine for 6 months
2013-09-10 20:50:04

trulyz wrote

[COLOR=#000000]Region : Argentina

Getting scared by reading responses that it may take ages to get this resolved with TP-Link support as there is no proper process of warranty replacement/RMA etc.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

SK

I have written to the same id & I am getting scared as they have not bothered to rely to TWO of my emails :( & mine were pre sales queries.
Options
Re:W8968 freezes when Wifi turned on.Had worked fine for 6 months
2013-09-12 22:14:11
I suggest you use the toll free no. & speak to them. A friend had written to them about another problem which he has & they wrote back asking him to for his tel no. (this is fine as we are in the same city) He also suggested using the tolll free no.
Options