opening ports for plex media server = TD8816 modem & TL-WR841N router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-10 18:12:48
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-8816

Hardware Version : V6

Firmware Version : 6.0.0 build 100906 ref 43560

ISP : TalkTalk

greetings everybody, i hope i'm posting in the right section.

i've been attempting to make my Plex Media Server (win7) available outside the home network for use on laptop, tablet & windows phone. unfortunately, i seem to be hitting a brick wall with opening ports through my current setup.

I'm running a TP Link TD8816 modem with the ADSL connection into a TP-Link TL-WR841N router (v8 / 3.13.33 build 130506 ref 48660n) via ethernet. i bough a cable router in error & then hooked up the modem to handle the available ADSL connection.

im attempting to setup the modem to act as a bridge, so the router can accept open port instructions with static ip addresses to make available my plex servers available outside the home.

if this has been covered before, i apologise for posting - i did search but found nothing of use. im an idiot with networking and would appreciate help in getting my modem/router setup working efficiently. ive got internet access obviously but forwarding ports seem beyond my system for some reason.

many thanks in anticipation.
Options
1 Reply
Re:opening ports for plex media server = TD8816 modem & TL-WR841N router
2013-11-19 04:57:44
I am have exactly the same issue. i've tried opening the ports on my main router (WDR4900) but the TD-8816 is having none of it.

I still see the ports being blocked externally.

I've tried tweaking some setting in TD-8816 without luck.

Ii'm sure there is a way of working these together otherwise it'll be totally pointless
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 1