TD-W8951ND issues with wireless connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-11 14:40:28
Region : India

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : 120522

ISP : BSNL

I have purchased TP-Link 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router (TD-W8951ND) last month and I could not install immediately as I was busy with something else. Now there are many issues with this device; 1) the signal strength shows poor or good even if i keep my laptop very close to this device, for a test purpose I kept it 1 meter away. When I move to my bedroom from living room there is no signal. So the signal does not reach in 3 or 4 meters. At the same time, I recieve signals from nearby homes. So the quality of the signal is not good. 2) The wireless signal stops after 2-5 minutes and the modem goes to offline mode, only power on. Please provide me with a solution for the same
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W8951ND issues with wireless connectivity
2013-09-12 13:39:35
Look i had a same problem with mine router recently. N i got solution for it. U just change your adapter of your router, u using 0.6A output change it, use 0.8A output adapter, which used to come in V4 router packet.. try it u will get your solution.
Options
Fujed Up - TP Link router
2013-09-13 16:16:04
Hi,

My situation is also very similar to that of yours. I had bought the router 2 months back from Flipkart and never had the time to install it as I was out of station. Now after installing it for the pasr 15 days I have observed that the wireless connection keeps on dropping after every 2 to 3 minutes even if I sit next to the router. Called up flipkart and they told they cannot do anything as item was bought more than 1 month back. They gave me the TP Link Technical support number which never connects. I have been trying to reach them for the past 2 days but to no success. I am totally stuck now. Flipkart refuses to give any help and TP Link support is not taking the calls.

I see that many faced this issue but has anyone been able to resolve it.

My two bit of learning:
1. Never buy any electronic item from any online shop as there will be no one to help you out if things go wrong even in warranty period/
2. Never buy TP Link product.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 831

Replies: 2

Related Articles