Parental Control do not work - devices cannot access internet no matter schedule.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Control do not work - devices cannot access internet no matter schedule.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-27 18:51:02
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TD-W8970_V1_130828

ISP : TPG

Hello,

I am having issues setting up Parental Controls on my newly bought TP LINK w8970.
I have just updated to the latest firmware version but the following issue still persists.

I have entered correctly the MAC addresses i would like to add to the control list.
[*]I have entered www.google.com into the URL allowed list.
[*]To test, i have tried both scheduled to have all timeslots active as well as all timeslots to be inactive. In both of these cases, when parent controls is activated and all setting are confirmed saved, the listed MAC's to be controlled are unable to access the internet.
[*]These machines are connected to the wifi, but on the windows connection icon it has a yellow icon on it; its connected but not to the internet. These computers cannot access any websites, even google. I have tried adding other sites to the URL list to no avail.
[*]Disabling parental controls, all affected machines immediately can access internet again.

As explained i have tried varying the schedule times up. Doesnt matter whether its an active time or an inactive time, as tested, all machines are unable to access the internet.

Is anyone else having issues with this?
Can this please be fixed as i specifically bought this model for this feature.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental Control do not work - devices cannot access internet no matter schedule.
2013-10-15 11:30:55
The easiest way to solve the problem is to contact TP-LINK tech support in Australia....useful and also efficient method for you
Options
Re:Parental Control do not work - devices cannot access internet no matter schedule.
2013-10-15 14:00:57
Parental control's time means your modem time. It seems like your modem time not consist with your main computuer(which want to control others),go to System Tools---Time Setting ,make your modem time correct.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 2

Related Articles