Need top open up ports for our company's server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-10-10 02:28:32
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.6 v000e.0 Build 130305 Rel.74370n

ISP :

Hi all and thank you for your help.

I need to open up port for remote desktop to our company's server.

I had to move our server from our office (which has a netgear router) to my home and I have a TP-Link TD-W8980 router. We are moving and new office does not have ADSL connection yet.

I know I have to open port 3389 for remote desktop. (Just for interesting sake, I can connect to the router via dyndns already, meaning my new IP address is already OK.)
In the router, I went to Forwarding | Virtual Servers and added a new service as follows:
Interface: pppoe_8_35_0_d (This note worries me just before the settings for interface: "Note: Virtual Server setup is supported only when there is available interface. Ports used by Remote Management or CWMP will not work." Does this mean that this router cannot do port forwarding.)
Service Port: 3389
IP Address: 192.168.1.150 (This is the IP address assigned to the server.)
Protocol: TCP

I did the same for Port Triggering.

For IPv4 Firewall, I have the following settings:
Mode: IP Address
Description: Remote Desktop
IP address: 192.168.1.150
Port: 3389

For some reason I do not understand, I cannot connect with Remote Desktop to the server. I get the 3 familiar messages that I cannot connect because the remote computer is switched off and so.

Can someone please help me out with what else I need to do to get this working. I need it to work within about 10 hours' time.

Please help me out.
Regards,
Deon
Options
1 Reply
Re:Need top open up ports for our company's server
2013-10-30 16:22:06
Please disable the IPv4 firewall. You just need to set the virtual server. the link below maybe helpful to you.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=478
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 1