Wifi shuts down and unable access router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi shuts down and unable access router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Wifi shuts down and unable access router
2013-11-22 19:39:04
no understand, its working , now to 900 kpbs.
Options
2013-11-28 02:49:48
I encountered this problem before (only one times). I can connect via cable, but my friend cannot connect via wireless and there isn't one single wireless device on list.
The problem gone after restart.
Options
2013-12-31 01:32:48
Come on TP-LINK where is the new software for this expensive load of junk?
Options
Wifi woes and then SOLUTIONS!
2014-02-03 21:47:16
HAD the same problem...

Wifi would disconnect frequently but internally Adsl running fine, (found using the diagnostics check)
Wifi would stay connected but not allow internet access, internally it was running fine.

Only a reboot or power off/on would alleviate this problem. My conclusion was that wifi was flaky.
My previous tplink w8968 suffered from similar wifi issues. (Only a power cycle solved it)

I can't believe a companies vastly different inventory could share similar problems.

So I started to slowly go through the settings one by one trying to eliminate all possible faults.
Reading forum's helpful ideas on ADSL settings etc.

But the problem is with wifi dropping connection not aDSL stability.
Too many devices, was a common answer.

In this day and age that is a cop out, especially if device is designed for wifi connectivity.

Look at it , it has three large antenna and a bunch of internal ones...

After numerous attempts something JUST WORKED.

What I have tried and what has WORKED for me:-

- delete the bridge profile in NETWORK>WAN SETTINGS
Default router has this set up automatically, it is NOT needed , the ADSL profile IS needed.

- lower the 5ghz transmit power to 50%. WIRELESS 5GHZ> WIRELESS ADVANCED> transmit power

Other secondary useful tweaks:
- Fix wifi channels to a specific number, use wifi analyzer apps for best channel to pick.
- Assign known wifi devices to a static IP
- lower 2.4 ghz security to WPA1 as some devices dislike WPA2

As I type this:
I have 18 wireless devices connected to router and it is now finally STABLE!

Yes 18... :p

running firmware
Build 131012 Rel.51720n
ADSL_2plus Annex A

We don't need a new firmware we need technicians to properly test existing ones first!:rolleyes:
Options
2014-02-04 19:58:24
Same thing happens to me ... I can not access 192.168.1.1 and I lose the wireless connection sometimes.
It is unacceptable for such an expensive modem have these problems, we need a NEW firmware as quickly as possible.

A few days ago, I had a power cut and when the power returned the modem starts and is locked, would not let me access the 192.168.1.1 and had no internet connection, the only solution was to do a "reset" -.-
Options
2014-05-01 16:07:14
So after 6 months TD-Link finally release new firmware. Which I installed without a problem.
But it is still dropping the internet connection.
I believe/suspect the fact that I have a static IP address might be causing me a problem.
Telefonica requires
Encapsulation LLC/SNAP
VPI/VCI 8/32
Protocol RFC 1483 Routing
Annex A
Internet Protocol Over ATM i.e. IPoA
So what am I supposed to do with this expensive paperweight now?
Options
2014-05-28 00:54:45
Well the same from me here, but for the TD8970 model.

I think, the time has come to gather up all owners of TD8970/80 and sue and report TP-Link to European Union, U.S and etc. They ignore us, they delivered a TOTAL broken product, they do not try to fix it, and they just have stolen our moneys giving us a product which IS NOT working, at least at the basics such of Wireless...

All owners of this problematic products, if you want participate to this movement for reporting TP-Link to E.U, US and other countries, we must do it all together, and gathering somewhere... Im making the suggestion to organize ourselfs, and make our move, when TP-Links ignore us so quietly...

They was must bring back, recall the whole series back, and not play with their customers... We are not kids... And we do not like stealing us...
Options
Related Articles