MAC filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MAC filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MAC filtering
MAC filtering
2013-10-24 16:32:31
Region : India

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : bsnl

Greetings,

I just bought this model and configured, its working fine, however, MAC filtering is not working.

When I add my laptop MAC adress and select "ALLOW association", save and restart the router, then I loose the connectivity to the router, I have to reset the settings
to factory default to access the router.

Without MAC filtering, everything works including internet access.
Have been using Huawei router for the last 9 years and never faced this MAC filtering problem with it.
http://www.tp-link.es/article/?faqid=322

Would appreciate if you could let me know the reason and workaround/solution.

Thank you very much
Mark
Options
2 Reply
Re:MAC filtering
2013-10-30 11:49:59
What is the firmware version?
Options
MAC Address Filtering Problem With WA850RE
2014-02-12 10:01:03
I'm having the very same issue with the TL-WA850RE. My firmware version is 3.14.8 Build 130922 Rel.53068n. I started by adding the MAC address of a camera I intend to use. That went OK but on my second MAC address entry, I entered the address of the wireless adapter I was using to communicating with the WA850RE. When I went to save it, it never returned to the screen to allow more addresses to be added. I believe the reason for the lost communication is because the SSID reverted back to the factory default, as if entering that last MAC address sent it into a hard reboot.

I'd appreciate any help as I'd like to lock out the unwanteds. :D
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 2

Related Articles