Connected device disable question?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-11-20 16:44:07
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP : Adam Internet

I was just wondering is it possible to view all the connected devices to the internet through my W8960N router, and disable any of them and re-enable them when I wish.

I could do this on my old ASUS DSL-N10 easily, as the first page once logged in on that router displayed the connected devices, and from that page you could disable any connected devices, and then unblock them when I wanted to.

Looking for similar control on W8960N, can anyone help me here please, thanks.
Options
10 Reply
Re:Connected device disable question?
2013-11-20 18:00:25
there is no similar function on TD-W8960N, you just can see the devices connected to your Internet in DHCP--)DHCP Client List. But you can't disable or enable them.
if you don't want some devices with specific MAC address to connect your Internet or you just want some devices with specific MAC address to connect your Internet, you can do this settings in MAC Filter.
you can follow this FAQ: http://www.tplink.com/en/article/?faqid=323
Good luck!
Options
2013-11-20 22:16:35

Ichigo wrote

there is no similar function on TD-W8960N, you just can see the devices connected to your Internet in DHCP--)DHCP Client List. But you can't disable or enable them.
if you don't want some devices with specific MAC address to connect your Internet or you just want some devices with specific MAC address to connect your Internet, you can do this settings in MAC Filter.
Good luck!

Well if I don't want some devices with a specific MAC address to connect to the internet, wouldn't that be equivalent to disabling that device? Because that this is pretty much what I want to do.
Options
2013-11-21 08:39:33
well,you can think in that way......The same effect, in different ways...
In a word, it's great that the suggestion can help you : )
Options
2013-11-21 14:05:34
Ok thanks, ill give thid a crack later.
Options
2013-11-22 15:06:42

Ichigo wrote

Good luck!

Hey Ichigo, is this a guide to disable a Wireless device MAC Address? What about a WIRED devices, that is what I am after, thanks.
Options
2013-11-22 15:24:00
Also, I tried to disable my computer just to test it, I put my MAC address in the WIRLESS MAC FILTER page, there is no save button, you just add entries. Anyways, I added my computer MAC address, but nothing happend, I could still use the internet, so it did not work or I am not doing it properly. My computer is WIRED, not WIRELESS.
Options
2013-11-22 16:12:29

shadow85 wrote

Also, I tried to disable my computer just to test it, I put my MAC address in the WIRLESS MAC FILTER page, there is no save button, you just add entries. Anyways, I added my computer MAC address, but nothing happend, I could still use the internet, so it did not work or I am not doing it properly. My computer is WIRED, not WIRELESS.

well, you should know that MAC filter is " Wireless MAC filter", so you can only limit access to the devices which are connected to your Internet wirelessly......
Options
2013-11-22 17:35:48

Ichigo wrote

well, you should know that MAC filter is " Wireless MAC filter", so you can only limit access to the devices which are connected to your Internet wirelessly......

Yes I do understand that, but I am after how to disable the WIRED devices connected to the internet through this modem router.
Options
2013-11-25 11:51:28

shadow85 wrote

Yes I do understand that, but I am after how to disable the WIRED devices connected to the internet through this modem router.

well....if one device connect to your router via wired, and you want to disable it ,just plug out its line from your router.......
Options
2013-11-29 13:42:12

Ichigo wrote

well....if one device connect to your router via wired, and you want to disable it ,just plug out its line from your router.......

Lol i know that, but i was hoping to disable via the router settings like I could with my last ASUS modem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 867

Replies: 10

Related Articles