Facing Lots of problems with TD-W968.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-12-29 18:32:43
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.4 v0005.0 Build 130217 Rel.62075n

ISP : BSNL

1 month back i bought this modem router and started using this with my 8 megabytes connection. I started facing lots of connection issue .Then noticed my snr margin was low (around 10). So i lodged a complaint and then my line was changed.

My new downstream snr margin was around 24 (upstream snr was around 10). My Downstream Line Attenuation was around 40 (upstream line attenuation - around 35). Service provider told me that line attenuation is high because my home is far from exchange. But still i was facing disconnection and low speed issues.

A friend told me to change the DSL Modulation Type to G.dmt. It increased my downstream snr margin to around 30. But still i am facing disconnection and low speed issues.

I also changed wireless channel, mode and width it didnt help as well..

What to do now? i have attached my log as well
File:
log.txtDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Facing Lots of problems with TD-W968.
2013-12-30 08:49:00
You can use your friend's modem to have a try, if normal, just ask TP-LINK for an exchange, but if the same issue, nothing to do but contact your ISP again, just as they said, you are too far from the their exchange.
Options
Re:Facing Lots of problems with TD-W968.
2013-12-30 23:35:55
My new downstream snr margin was around 24 (upstream snr was around 10). My Downstream Line Attenuation was around 40 (upstream line attenuation - around 35). Service

Give us screenshot from this status and ADSL parameters in your router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 2