Wi-Fi problems and compatabilty with dual band router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-04 23:31:46
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.3 v000e.0 Build 131012 Rel.51720n

ISP :

Hi guys,

I have a weird problem that occurs whenever I change any of the settings on the 5GHz Wi-Fi section of the web configuration page, and my new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" keeps dropping the Wi-Fi. Unless I reboot the router/turn it off and power it back up it keeps doing this end on end. Is this necessary for me to reboot the router to get the tablet PC to stay connected? However, weirdly on my iMac Mid 2011 model, this stays connected, doesn't have any issues and doesn't require a router reboot.

I also have another problem in that some 2.4GHz devices that have wireless N built into them don't want to connect to the router faster than 68/72Mbps including my PC with the latest drivers for the TP-Link TL-WN722N. This is in channel width 20MHz, but as soon as I set 40MHz my Windows 7 PC with the TL-WN722N connects at 150Mbps and the Samsung tablet PC still sits at 68/72Mbps. However, one stupid thing is the iMac doesn't connect to 40MHz 2.4GHz frequencies as recently confirmed with Apple. I have also set Auto for thw 2-4GHz's channel width (which I don't know what it does; some people say it's does both?) and no difference on the iMac or the tablet PC, and the Windows 7 PC still stays at 150Mbps (unless forced to 20MHz).

My verdict is to the fastest speeds out of 2.4GHz & 5GHz so that no matter if a device supports 2.4GHz & 5GHz, they can connect at FULL speed to either of them.

Much help appreciated,

Will
Options