All lights blink after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-05 02:50:46
Region : Romania

Model : TL-WR741ND

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP : RDS

Hello all! I'm new on this forum, after a lot of research I decided to sign up and post here my issu.

I have a TL-WR741ND v4 router and yesterday after upgrading the firmvare, downloaded from the official website, through the WEB interface, it finished and after it rebooted the power on (first) led was lightning (continuosly) and the others are blinking every 1-2 seconds.
I tried to reset it, 30-30-30 but after I push the reset button for like 3-4 seconds the last led (the one with the locked sign) lights up and keeps lightning (continuosly) and the others stop blinking, after I plug back the power cord happens the same.
Tried to access it via the WEB interface and it's not working, tried via the LAN cable which was connected to my PC, tried to telnet it but no luck. Everything I would try to do when I power it all the lights/leds blink, except the power sign/led.
What can I do in this situation, did anyone have this problem til now?

Thank you in advance.
Options
8 Reply
Re:All lights blink after firmware upgrade
2014-01-07 15:12:11
I suggest you reset it again,you click the reset button till all led lights on,then let your hand go immediately.Please wait a few minutes.If it works ,all LED lights works normally.Try to set a static IP 192.168.0.X and then try to log in the web-interface.
Options
2014-01-08 00:59:02
I tried to reset it, mentioned that in the first post too. I made a little video to untderstand better what it does when I power it up and what happens when I try to reset it/keep reset pushed for 3-5 sec (you'll see at the end of the video, the last led lights up, the one with the locked sign and then Windows recognises it, can see in CMD by typing ipconfig the IP that I gave (192.168.0.1) but when I turn it on and all the lights are blinking the PC is not recognising it. when the locked sign lights up and I try to access it via the WEB interface I get the error that it takes too long and the device is not responding or the network is not configured properly).
If anyone knows what to do or has been in this situation I kindly ask him to help me out.
Best regards.
[video=youtube;fICpB3yVL4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fICpB3yVL4E[/video]
Options
2014-01-08 15:59:37
I suggest you contact your retailer to ask for help.
Options
2020-02-07 15:08:13

@Kiddo 

i have the same problem, how to fix this?sad
Options
2020-05-15 22:12:36

@Kiddo 

Anyone solved the problem?? I've the same problem with my router after I flash the firmware

Options
2021-06-15 09:51:58

@Kiddo did you found any solution

Options
2021-06-15 09:52:00

@Kiddo did you found any solution

Options
2021-06-22 15:43:51

@Kiddo i have same issue with td-w9960. After upgrade firmware, power light blinks and doesn't stable. 

Also Reset and reboot not worked! 

Anyone have a solution? 

I think i lose my router :) 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2722

Replies: 8

Related Articles