You have no authority to access this router!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-10 19:38:53 - last edited 2019-11-16 10:37:04
Region : Italy

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 130423

ISP : Teleimpianti di Spiller

Hi to all, I have a question for tech support :)

Why if I try to acces to web Interface through WAN this router after successfully login the router report "You have no authority to access this router!" in all three frames of web UI.?

Very strange problem! may be any javascript issue build in this version of firmware?
Please fix up soon in next relase of firmware.

I unable to manage this router over wan! Other access point on same network web ui works fine over wan and port fowarding of course :D

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:You have no authority to access this router!-Solution
2019-11-16 10:36:37 - last edited 2019-11-16 10:37:04

To those who may concern,

This issue should be fixed by the firmware upgrade already.

And it is an old thread but there are some customers who pay attention to, please be assured of it. 

Make sure that the firmware is up to date, and please connect your computer to the TP-Link router directly.

Below is an instruction on how to access the web UI. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2236/ 

Recommended Solution
Options
22 Reply
Re:You have no authority to access this router!
2014-01-26 00:55:46
Up! anyone of tech support of tp-link team may look for this? lol
Options
2014-03-04 00:21:53
Same problem with 740n router
Options
Try this:
2014-03-06 10:51:11
You may have the same problem I had with my TL-WDR3600 after the latest firmware update.
It only happened with Firefox. It worked ok with Internet Explorer.
The problem with Firefox is that it does not send out the referer header the router expects to see.
When the referer is not the same as the LAN IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.1), the router will send the error message.
To fix it, you can use the Refcontrol Addon for Firefox to forge value of the referer header to root address.
Options
Same probem for me on 3220 V2!
2014-03-06 14:25:09
Hi,
this problem affects all last TP link firmware release? Solution?
Options
same problem
2014-03-06 22:38:19
Still have same problem on my TP-Link TL-WR740N and TP-Link TL-WR741ND. I try to login from lan subnet and is work fine for me. But when i try to login remotely - i see this message (from subnet 192.168.0.0/16 (!)) Buuuut when i try to login from wan from subnet 192.168.0.0/24 (!) - work very good.

Please, let me know if you going mad of my English. :)
Options
2014-03-19 17:06:45
Same problem here with TL-WR740N V4 (FW052913 - latest !). Can't access the router from remote network - "You have no authority to access this router!" is diplayed. It's not because of the browser for sure.

TP-Link should seriously consider new firmware update, obviously it's not an isolated case.
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2014-03-30 20:27:12
I have the same problem with you on my TL-WDR3600.
I use IE, Firefox & Chrome still show "You have no authority to access this router!".
Hopely, the tp-links support can fix this ASAP.
;)
Options
2014-03-31 05:05:04 - last edited 2021-05-24 12:22:36

After contacting TP-Link tech support they advised to downgrade the firmware to the previous version and everything is OK now.
According to them that problem is caused by the old ISP modem/router after which the TP-Link router is connected (which is true in my case).
Introducing the strengthen security in the latest firmware causing this message to appear.
So you can try downgrading the firmware to the previous version and see if the problem persists.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2014-04-18 18:46:49
Well ok but for me , downgrading is not really a solution. :(

Few days ago I installed another one WR1043ND (wi-fi router for my business client) and same problem persist. Ho no!
I not understand well why last tp-link firmware "increased security" over wan access of web UI , then resulting to complete unable to managing my installations by remote trought local isp providers.This is not right way. :D
When security is well provided by filter access from "ip range" if you want, of course.

This is really, really bad. @ tp-link tech support :please remove yours additional security checks on next firmware relase. Hurry!
Options
TP LINK WR1043ND V2 Remote Access Iissues
2014-05-26 13:28:50
Hi, I have same problem with WR1043ND v2 , when trying to access ruter I get "You don't have authority to access!".
On Tp-Link site there is only one firmware version:

http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WR1043ND&version=V2#tbl_j

I can't downgreate, I ca't update ... I can't access router !!! Please fix it soon.

My company bought 50 Routers for our stores and if we cannont access them it will be very bad!!!

Thanks for the quick responsе!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 22113

Replies: 22