Invalid/Wrong Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Invalid/Wrong Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Invalid/Wrong Password
Invalid/Wrong Password
2014-01-18 20:50:45
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.1 Build 120210 Rel.30416n

ISP :

Hey.

Are my powerlines paired is what I'm wondering. I'm concerned about security (don't blow me off about this) and want to know if they're paired and they are encrypting the traffic between them. I log into both via ethernet and use the appropriate Powerline Utilities to detect and configure them. One is WPA281 and the other is a non-wireless one.

The password for each device (and the MAC addresses for each device?) appears to be the same. (So I hope this means the connection between them is secured?) But when I go into the Stations/Network tab it shows whatever the other device is at the time as having no password. When I try to enter its password it won't let me. It says "Invalid" or "Wrong Password". The worry is that the connection is not encrypted if they can't actually recognise each others passwords. Also I can't change the Network Name from default since I don't have the password for the corresponding other device entered correctly. (Even when I manually change it in each device they can't connect anymore? Dunno why)

Anyway this is confusing. If each device in their Powerline Utility Status shows the same password, yet they detect the password of the other one wrong in Stations, am I secure? If so, why can't I ever enter the password for the corresponding other device without an error? I can't change Network name now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 0

Related Articles