TL-PA451KIT - loss of signal/internet access drops fairly regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA451KIT - loss of signal/internet access drops fairly regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:TL-PA451KIT - loss of signal/internet access drops fairly regularly
2014-12-23 00:11:56
Hi Aenfa, I followed the link you provided but that's a different product. You cannot install the firmware from an unrelated product as it may damage your TP-Link device. Perhaps this is why it's not working correctly.

I've posted the correct link for the Beta Firmware Update here: (Remember, this is only for Model number TL-PA411 Kit V.1) http://download.level1.com/level1/firmware/PLI-4052(1.1.0.848-02_HW-1)_2013-05-02.zip
Options
2014-12-30 19:26:44
That's exactly the download link I used for the firmware. It didn't fix it for me.
Options
2014-12-31 10:59:57
When did you buy them? Does it work properly at the very beginning?
Are they still under warranty?
Options
2015-03-09 06:47:31
Hey I have the 451 Starter kit. Can someone please link me firmware for my model?

Is 451 basically 411s?
Options
2015-12-15 20:41:24
Several months ago I dismissed my PA411 kit and I bought the Fritz! powerline . but I have the same issues I got with dlink . Probably the question is about the powerline technology that is specific condtion isn't realiable enough.
Options
2016-02-24 19:27:12
Hi All, I had a similar problem but found out the issue so I'm just replying to any of these forum posts I checked in case this helps anyone else.

Basically I noticed I was having issues/blips in my connectivity - sometimes just for a few seconds and sometimes for minutes at a time. Even when it was for a few seconds it was long enough to disconnect the VPN I use for work so it was annoying. At the same time the middle light (I have the AV1200) would flash from green to red then back to green showing an issue with network connectivity which they say is often due to poor wiring in the manual.

I downloaded the tp-link utility ( http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-PA8030P-KIT.html#Utility - may be a different one for the AV500) and used this to see my TP-LINK network. I noticed that there were between 1-3 extra AV500 devices that kept showing up when the connection went red and I assumed this was due to an issue with the devices/firmware, however when I tried to connect to my router I randomly noticed a load of extra devices added that weren't on my network and things I knew were on were missing! Essentially I worked out that the issue was that my neighbour has some wirless TP-Link devices (they show up as AV500) and uses a similar provider to me (BT subsidiary). His AV500 devices were patching into my network and instead of routing through the powerline my devices were going through his network (wirelessly) and out through his router which has the same stock default gateway (192.168.1.254 unsurprisingly). I think the different length of network outages/blips were due to it flip-flopping over or straight up having asymetric routing and losing packets. Creating a constant ping keep the session alive to your router which is why if you're having the same issue it would likely work as a temporary fix.

Given the amount of people that use routers with the same gateway and who don't change the network on their TP-LINK I'm sure I'm not the only person to have this issue with crossed networks. To find out if you have the same install the utility and look at the network tab to see if you can see more devices than you expect to see on your network (note these can come and go from what I've seen). If you do then to fix the issue use the utility and connected to each TP-LINK device in your house and changed the name of the network from the stock value (HomePlugAV) to the a bespoke value. In my case as soon as this was done my neighbours AV500 devices no longer accessed my network and no longer randomly appeared; Since then I've not had a single red light or (touch wood) network issue!

Hope this helps someone else out there! :)
Options
Thank you
2016-03-28 16:35:24
to tadmeister69. I tried the utility and every so often an unidentified device popped up and the link dropped. I have changed the network name and, touch wood, no more dropouts. The connection speed also seems to have improved slightly.
Options
Related Articles