Deco X20 frequent loss of internet connection

2020-07-29 08:42:07 - last edited 2020-07-29 08:51:13
Model: Deco X20
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build20200709 Rel. 49821

I am using the Deco X20 3-pack, 1 is connected to the modem and the other 2 are connected via ethernet backhaul through a tp-link switch connected to the main unit

The Deco X20 frequently loses internet connection on all of my devices intermittently (around 3 or 4 times a day). The wifi is still connected (the SSID can still be seen and even shows 3 full bars) however it will not connect to the internet. Often the only way to fix this is to switch the wifi of the device off and on. The lights on all deco units continue to show a green light when this occurs.

I have tried testing the internet connection from my modem with a computer connected via ethernet and the connection is stable. I have only been using the deco for 2 weeks and did not face this problem with my previous orbi router.

I have also tried switching the main deco unit with the other 2 and the problem still persists.

My deco settings

Main network: 5ghz only (2.4ghz off)

Guest network: On (both 5gh and 2.4ghz on)

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this especially some of the tp-link people on this forum

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X20 frequent loss of internet connection
2020-07-30 03:18:08

@gumgum 

Hello, sorry about that.

Please help confirm below details and we will help fix it ASAP:

1. What are the Deco LEDs status, are all still showing solid green? How about the display on the Deco app, are all online or disconnected?

2. Who is your ISP and what is the model number of the modem? What is the model number of the TP-Link switch?

3. Are the devices got disconnected from the internet when they are moving around or staying in the same location?

4. Is it possible to test the performance by removing the switch first? Connect the 3 Decos in this way:

the main Deco---2nd Deco---3rd Deco

If this is not possible, can we remove the switch and the other two Decos, only leave the main Deco and monitor the internet connection for a while?

Thanks.

Options