Deco X20 no internet can't reset

2024-01-13 19:22:47 - last edited 2024-01-15 08:27:18
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've been using a set of 3 Deco X20's for around a month now without big issues, but recently the wifi was unstable. Today I could connect to the wifi but had no internet, so I started trying to reset stuff - I unplugged the satellite deco's and replugged them, unplugged the main one and re-plugged, restarted the modem etc. My modem is a Nokia xs2426G.

The main deco is connected to that via ethernet cable and was broadcasting it's own wifi network with a different SSID from the modem, the other two are connected to the main deco via wifi.

The main deco shows a stable green light whenever I turn it on, but I can't see it. I can't see a wifi network from it, not even one without internet. I also can't find it using the deco app. I have tried deleting the network and setting it up again, but the app still can't find the deco. It doesn't respond to pressing the reset button. Does anyone know what I can still try?

The main modem does have internet and wifi that I can connect to and use.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X20 no internet can't reset-Solution
2024-01-14 15:04:20 - last edited 2024-01-15 08:27:18

I have no idea if this is going to be of use to anybody, but I managed to fix it.

I plugged an IKEA trådfri smartlight hub into an ethernet port on my modem, to check that it had ethernet. I could see in the interface of the modem that that port was now up. Previously it said all ports (including the one the deco was connected to) were down, and auto half duplex.

I tried connecting the deco again, but again got the message that there was no ethernet connection.

I unplugged the trådfri hub and plugged the deco into that port, and then tried again.

Again it said there was no ethernet connection - but I pressed 'try again' and at some point it managed to find the connection and complete the set-up.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X20 no internet can't reset
2024-01-13 19:57:42 - last edited 2024-01-13 20:03:37

I tried some other things:

I used a previous satellite deco as the main one - plugged it into the place where it came from using ethernet. At some point it started flashing red and I managed to get it to reset and start flashing blue.

I couldn't complete the set-up because it said it's not connected to ethernet. I tried a different cable and different ports, but no change. I can't verify the ethernet on the modem because I don't have any device with an ethernet port. Can it still be a deco issue, or did the ethernet on my one month old modem randomly fail?

I logged in to the interface of my modem, and it can see the deco is connected to the ethernet port but it says its status is 'not connected'.

Options
Re:Deco X20 no internet can't reset-Solution
2024-01-14 15:04:20 - last edited 2024-01-15 08:27:18

I have no idea if this is going to be of use to anybody, but I managed to fix it.

I plugged an IKEA trådfri smartlight hub into an ethernet port on my modem, to check that it had ethernet. I could see in the interface of the modem that that port was now up. Previously it said all ports (including the one the deco was connected to) were down, and auto half duplex.

I tried connecting the deco again, but again got the message that there was no ethernet connection.

I unplugged the trådfri hub and plugged the deco into that port, and then tried again.

Again it said there was no ethernet connection - but I pressed 'try again' and at some point it managed to find the connection and complete the set-up.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco X20 no internet can't reset
2024-01-15 08:32:01

@eve00 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update. I'm glad that you have fixed the issue on your ownlaugh.

How about the original "main" Deco unit? Is it still solid green with no response to the reset?

If yes, I think this unit might be defective and you could contact the local shop retailer to ask for warranty service.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 205

Replies: 3

Related Articles