Having trouble using as a network with wdtv live

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-26 12:28:45
Region : NewZealand

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : up to date

ISP :

Hi. I have a 1tb usb attached to the 8980 with approx 700gb of music and movies on it. I have mapped it as a network drive to my netbook (win 7 starter) and can read and write to the drive with no problems.
I am wanting to have my WDTV Live (gen3) streaming media player to have access to the files on the usb drive. The WDTV live has connected to the 8980 and can access the internet with it and see all the other devices (3 computers,1 printer and the 8980) but it wont "see" the drives attatched or allow me to access the usb drive.
I have anonymus sharing on, ftp, media and print servers disabled and the usb drive is listed as active.
TBH the problem could be with the WDTV live I'll be putting a similar post on thier forum.
If I enable media streaming the WDTV live can access the files via mediashare but this is not the optimum way to use the WDTV Live so I don't want to do it this way.
Hopefully someone can help. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 0

Related Articles